Good Lord $$$$$

So your telling me that my odometer says 32,000 miles on a foxbody that is 20+ years old, seven different owners, multiple errors in the title.

So yeah $20,000 seems fair.

Craigslist ATM.....may the odds be in your favor.

IMG_3829.PNG

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

They talked about this last year on one of the Barret-Jackson auctions auctions I was watching What they said was that as time goes by their customers are changing and they have had to adjust their catalog as a result. Basically what they said is that many the people who spent the big money on 60s-earlly 70s muscle car were people who wanted those cars when they were kids and teenagers in the late 50's to early 70s but could not afford them or they did have them they had to get rid of them for whatever reason. These same people became wealthy in the '90s and 2000s and began buying those cars driving up the value.
So now the next generation of car guys who were kids and teenagers in the late 70's to 90s are showing up with money looking to buy the cars of their youth that they could never have. Driving up those values.

They talked about this last year on one of the Barret-Jackson auctions auctions I was watching What they said was that as time goes by their customers are changing and they have had to adjust their catalog as a result. Basically what they said is that many the people who spent the big money on 60s-earlly 70s muscle car were people who wanted those cars when they were kids and teenagers in the late 50's to early 70s but could not afford them or they did have them they had to get rid of them for whatever reason. These same people became wealthy in the '90s and 2000s and began buying those cars driving up the value.
So now the next generation of car guys who were kids and teenagers in the late 70's to 90s are showing up with money looking to buy the cars of their youth that they could never have. Driving up those values.

This is very true. I bought a very nice LX 5.0 hatch a few months ago and paid a fair amount for it. But it was the car me and all my friends wanted when we were in high school. It was also very clean and most of all almost 100% stock as I didn't want someone else's hacked up headache. You would be shocked at how hard it is to find a car like that now days.

I could really afford any Mustang I want and have owned many new ones but the fox has always held a special place in my heart. I'll build this car exactly the way I want and enjoy the heck out of it.

Reactions: 2 users
$6500? Wow. Mine is 3 times as nice, so 3x6500 =...wait, I'm doing the math....carry the one..... $19,500 if anyone wants a deal on a 1990 7up convertible. I Know what I have so no blow ballers......;)

I watch craigslist like a hawk. I see these type of ads and it's a little fun to watch them take the downward spiral. Recently a 93 coupe was on cl and it started the same way. $14,000 and the ole' "It's a coupe, can't find these any more blah blah" $13,500.....then $13,000...then 12k, then 11k, then 10k, then "if I can't get $9500 I'm just keeping it"....then $9000, then $8000, then (you get the idea. It's still sitting on cl and it's been on there for months. In reality it MIGHT be a $6000 car. MAYBE. There is also a 92 GT that the guy is asking $13,500 with the same disclaimer that you can't find these anymore. Its also maybe a $5000 car. It will NEVER sell at or even close to his asking price. NEVER. So I don't really see these high priced low mile auction cars having an effect on the reality of value of our cars. People can ask what they want, but what they sell for is a much different story.

What is it worth? Total loss the car in wreck and whatever the insurance company will pay you for it is what it is really worth...

I had a nicely modded 89 LX when I was 19 in 1995. I've always planned on buying another fox and kept my eye out over the last few years. This is of course anecdote but after what I perceived as the same types of cars going for higher prices I decided to buy now.

I always wanted a Saleen when I was a teen in Southern California and decided to buy a month ago when I saw a good deal.

A guy just paid 7600 for an 89 Lx hatch at my job. The car was clean inside and didn't have a spec of rust. It did have a repaint and a few dings. The guy buying it didn't complain at all.

I scanned all my receipts and sent to Grundy. Between those, the mileage and original paint/glass/interior $35k agreed value was not a problem.

Reactions: 3 users