Good Ole Wire Problems!

Hello fellow Stangers!.....I am in desperate need of help on a what think should be a simple fix. My fuel gauge does not work. Now,Let me explain......When the sending unit is in the tank it does not work....when I drain the tank and hold the sending unit in hand and manualy operate it the fuel gauge works.....I have drained the tank 3 times and checked and rechecked the sending units...yes units....I have 2 and they both do the same thing.....I have tried everything and still cannot get it to work....PLEASE HELP ME!

• Sponsors (?)

Hello fellow Stangers!.....I am in desperate need of help on a what think should be a simple fix. My fuel gauge does not work. Now,Let me explain......When the sending unit is in the tank it does not work....when I drain the tank and hold the sending unit in hand and manualy operate it the fuel gauge works.....I have drained the tank 3 times and checked and rechecked the sending units...yes units....I have 2 and they both do the same thing.....I have tried everything and still cannot get it to work....PLEASE HELP ME!
sounds like a ground problem, make sure the sender has a good ground going to it