got a 2000 Cobra R yesterday

macatak60

Dec 21, 2003
i own a 2000 mustang v6 convertible and i just got a 2000 Cobra R.....that thing is so dang fine.........my grandma bought it for me....i couldn't believe it......i will be posting pics shortly

• Sponsors (?)

i dont understand how this stuff works, your grandma bought you a '00 cobra r, a kid at school, he just graduated, his older brother bought him a '01 corvette last summer, here i am driving a '98 stang V6 and a '68 VW bus...what have i done wrong???

98_stang_guy said:
i dont understand how this stuff works, your grandma bought you a '00 cobra r, a kid at school, he just graduated, his older brother bought him a '01 corvette last summer, here i am driving a '98 stang V6 and a '68 VW bus...what have i done wrong???

i dunno maybe he can share the wealth? :rolleyes:

yeah....thats really beliveable

If this is real(which I doubt), you're going from a '00 V6 'vert to a Cobra R. I have the feeling there's only gonna be 299 '00 Cobra R's REAL soon.

Watch it be a model car.
If that's the case, my Aunt bought me a '96 Viper GTS when I was in gradeschool.

macatak60 said:
i own a 2000 mustang v6 convertible and i just got a 2000 Cobra R.....that thing is so dang fine.........my grandma bought it for me....i couldn't believe it......i will be posting pics shortly
OK, There is three basic way this thread can work out.

1. It's :bs:. His grandma did not buy him anything.

2. He got a Cobra R model car (ratio 1:18). In that case I have owned one for 3 years.

3. His grandma bought him a car, maybe a car part, or something nice and big. Now, it might be a real Cobra R, but I doubt it, because as most of us know there are not that many around, plus who would want to sell one? If he did get a real one, well, that would be :nice:.

98StangRidah said:
OK, There is three basic way this thread can work out.

1. It's :bs:. His grandma did not buy him anything.

2. He got a Cobra R model car (ratio 1:18). In that case I have owned one for 3 years.

3. His grandma bought him a car, maybe a car part, or something nice and big. Now, it might be a real Cobra R, but I doubt it, because as most of us know there are not that many around, plus who would want to sell one? If he did get a real one, well, that would be :nice:.

I am gonna have to agree w/ Stang Ridah here!

You know what is the two most likely things that happened though?

1. He's lying his ass off

2. He did get a "Cobra R" or at least the person his grandma bought it from told him. Its probably just a fake if anything. So he overpaid for a mustang GT with a body kit and some fake emblems. Lol. I mean he's a newb and doesn't know crap about cars and im sure his grandma doesn't know crap. So, he probably got taken by some used car dealer...lol

i'm back

you guys are good....but some of you are quick to judge.....yes my grandma did buy me a 2000 Cobra R, yes I do own a 2000 V6 vert, yes it is a real 2000 Cobra R, and yes a couple of you are right............it's a 1/18th model......i just posted this to see what kind of reaction i can get

to clear some of this up.....one i'm 20 years old in school at Auburn University......two i have student loands to pay tuition.......a job to pay rent, power, food, and etc.......my parents got me my v6 vert for graduation and it's paid off..........so don't be too quick to judge.....i work my a$$ of in the summer so i will only have to work 20 or 30 hours during the school year to go to auburn........i turned down a full ride to USA b/c Auburn is my home............WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!

and no hurt feelings here

macatak60 said:
you guys are good....but some of you are quick to judge.....yes my grandma did buy me a 2000 Cobra R, yes I do own a 2000 V6 vert, yes it is a real 2000 Cobra R, and yes a couple of you are right............it's a 1/18th model......i just posted this to see what kind of reaction i can get

to clear some of this up.....one i'm 20 years old in school at Auburn University......two i have student loands to pay tuition.......a job to pay rent, power, food, and etc.......my parents got me my v6 vert for graduation and it's paid off..........so don't be too quick to judge.....i work my a$$ of in the summer so i will only have to work 20 or 30 hours during the school year to go to auburn........i turned down a full ride to USA b/c Auburn is my home............WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!

and no hurt feelings here

WTF Dude :scratch:

that was towards

only a select few.....i was just trying to get a laught out of this post.......i did this on the SVT forum and they liked it.......however i just re-read over my post and i forgot the punchline at the bottom......i didn't put it was a 1/18th scale in my original post.......my bad

i hang out on the AFI bands website and message boards, and a girl took pics of "her" cobra R, next to her maxima and her dads 427 cobra, she claims the cobra is hers, but when she first posted she described it as a "2001 svt shelby cobra type R" :bang: i didn't give her the old flame job, but yea if that is hers i cant help but be extremely jealous.