Gps In A 2014

The Nomad

Nov 24, 2015
So, I'm looking to buy a 2014 GT before the end of the year, but I have a few questions about it. Specifically, I'd like to get one with GPS, however the stock unit drives the price up, so I was thinking about aftermarket. That said, I look at the dash and the center console is so busy with temp and stereo controls, I can't figure out how it could be done. I've got a friend with a Murano that encountered the same issue. He was told there was no way to integrate a GPS screen into his truck, so now he's fumbling with his phone when he needs GPS.

Considering how nice the interior of the Mustang is, I don't want to screw it all up by having a GPS on a bean bag sliding across my dash every time I take a turn. So, my question is - have any of you integrated an aftermarket GPS in your 2010 - 2014? If so, what kind and are you satisfied with it?

Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

anybody have anything else to say about it? I am looking to add it next spring to my 2014 GT/CS Premium and looking for everyone who has an opinion - neither myself or my husband are do it yourselfers for vehicles - anybody have an idea of what it might cost to have installed professionally?

not to seem or be rude, but if you can read have a few simple hand tools you can install the raxiom unit. the hardest part is running the cables from the back forward for the antenna and back up camera
as to time it took me just over 2 hours.but then I was a mechanic for 50 years, know my ways around a car , a pro radio shop might bang you for 3 or 4 hours.

The Raxiom unit is hands down the best option and super easy to install but the Nav option model is expensive. If you wanted some flexibility Crutchfield sells a adapter that will allow you to install most full size touch screen Radio and GPS head units but by the time you buy the adapter and then a head unit your close to the price of the Raxiom and the Schoshe adapter is not all that visibly eye appealing.

Crutchfield part # 142FD1441B

Crutchfield Scosche FD1441B Dash Kit (Factory Gray) Install a new car stereo in select 2010-up Ford Mustang without factory navigation: includes climate control buttons and color touchscreen at Crutchfield.com