Gt Cat Back 3 Inch Vs 2.5 Inch. H Pipe Vs X Pipe?

stang9779

Feb 19, 2015
I'm looking at getting a cat back system. I'm new to modding V8's and want to get the best setup for the money (budget freindly).

I have been either looking at getting the Ford Racing resignator delete X pipe and Rush axle back. Which is 2.5 inch. Or the stainless MBRP H pipe cat back 3 inch. Which setup would have more power benifets (ie the best setup)?

• Sponsors (?)

I personally like the Magnaflow setup the best. Stainless steel and top quality as far as fitment and sound imho. Either way, I would look for the 3" system. We have an in house chassis dyno and with my Magnaflow Competition Cat back we gained 10 peak rwhp and 19 rwhp over the curve which is pretty impressive if you ask me!!

I personally like the Magnaflow setup the best. Stainless steel and top quality as far as fitment and sound imho. Either way, I would look for the 3" system. We have an in house chassis dyno and with my Magnaflow Competition Cat back we gained 10 peak rwhp and 19 rwhp over the curve which is pretty impressive if you ask me!!

With the 3" setup over the 2.5" would I loose some low end power?

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Not at all, we saw gains across the entire curve when testing the 3" cat back system
Thanks for your help I'm looking forward to getting a 3 inch exhaust here soon.

The only thing I just got set back because the Mustang doesn't go in the snow with those factory summer tires. I had to buy studded snows all the way around to get around here in Denver Colorado. we had a storm over the weekend that was almost a foot and tomorrow they're calling for another 9 inches. And on Saturday 2 to 4 again. We usually don't get this much snow all at once in Denver only the mountains does

I'm looking at getting a cat back system. I'm new to modding V8's and want to get the best setup for the money (budget freindly).

I have been either looking at getting the Ford Racing resignator delete X pipe and Rush axle back. Which is 2.5 inch. Or the stainless MBRP H pipe cat back 3 inch. Which setup would have more power benifets (ie the best setup)?

I went with the Roush axle back because I liked the sound and it was only 550. I had it a month and love it. I just ordered the ford resonator delete x- pipe. I like x better than h and the cost was only another 240

I went with the Roush axle back because I liked the sound and it was only 550. I had it a month and love it. I just ordered the ford resonator delete x- pipe. I like x better than h and the cost was only another 240
Post a video once your setup is installed. I would live to see it.

I assume that the factory manifolds and cats provide plenty of back pressure.
Again?

Exhaust back pressure does not produce torque. Improper exhaust scavenging has the potential to reduce performance but should not be associated with increasing backpressure.

Backpressure in an exhaust system is not a good thing. A system too large for application is also not desirable.