Gt Cat Back On A V6

j966er

Apr 13, 2014
south florida
Please forgive me if this has already been asked . I want to redo my whole exhaust headers, x pipe an a cat back but all the cat backs for v6 that I see have a y on it. So my question is if I have a x pipe for a v6 will a gt cat back fit ? Also what your opinions on Mac products ?

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks 38stang . Now my car has dual exhaust on it now but I'm not sure if it is a good set up . The previous owner had cut the y pipe off right behind the cats and put pipe back to the flowmasters then to what looks like a cat back with 3" tips . It sucks because it is all welded an the only place to take it off is at the headers. I believe this is called divorced dual exhaust but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks 38stang . Now my car has dual exhaust on it now but I'm not sure if it is a good set up . The previous owner had cut the y pipe off right behind the cats and put pipe back to the flowmasters then to what looks like a cat back with 3" tips . It sucks because it is all welded an the only place to take it off is at the headers. I believe this is called divorced dual exhaust but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Your right they put a divorced dual exhaust on it. I never liked it when people that ether. Its never easy to work on.

Pacesetter makes an H-pipe that will mate with the GT dual cat back exhaust and then you cut and weld the y pipe so you get true dual exhaust. American Muscle has it for $145.

If you want an x-pipe you can get one for a v8 without cats from Pypes for $195 but then you'll need to take it to a shop to get them to fit it to the modified y pipe.