GT500 rusting and Ford not caring

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT500 Owner

Sep 9, 2009
I purchased my 2007 Shelby GT500 when it had 12,000 miles on it and was 1 year old. I keep it covered in the garage when I’m not using it. Currently has 21,000 miles on it. I noticed that the hood was starting to rust under the paint, apparently a month before the warranty was up. I had no idea that the warranty was up due to the fact that these cars normally have a 3 year warranty and it wasn’t even fully into it’s 2nd year. When I brought it in for service, I got an oil change and I let the service manager know about the rust. The dealership told me that the warranty had expired a month ago and that Ford wouldn’t cover the repair. I ten contacted the Ford headquarters numerous times, only to be cast aside ad told that it “wasn’t their problem.” I think its ridiculous to buy a $50,000 car and when it has a factory defect-which a Shelby expert told me the rust was-and the same thing has been a problem with Ford products in the passed (the same rusting happened to my 2004 Expedition’s aluminum hood and to my son’s 2006 Mustang). Ford told me that it wasn’t covered and they aren’t gonna fix it. Since it hasn’t rusted through and developed a hole, Ford claims that they aren’t responsible. Buyers beware, not only in purchasing newer Shelbys but Mustangs in general, due to mine and my son’s problem with rusting.

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.