Hand Brake Missing? - Sorry I'm A Newbie

Andy P

May 7, 2015
Hi, I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to cars and I'll admit that first off. That said, I'm pretty good at looking at something on Youtube and doing it to my 2003 3.8 V6 Mustang if maintenance is needed. The car failed inspection due to the parking brake. Looking at this picture after removing the center console, am I crazy or is there no parking brake cable in the car at all?

I bought it last year and the dealer that sold it to me gave me the sticker, admittedly not a smart decision on my part...

Sorry for such a dumb question but it would be a great help to me if someone could let me know.

Thanks!

AP

Attachments

• IMG_0183.JPG
    IMG_0183.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 177
  • Sponsors (?)

The upper parking brake cable is integrated into the bottom of the handle itself. You will need to disconnect the cable f3om below and replace the handle. I had mone break once amd replaced it with the GT500 handle assembly

Thanks for the reply! So this means that I shouldn't have to see the cable wrapped at all then, it is just underneath the hand brake and I can't see it unless I go under the car? Is there a way for me to just tighten it so I can pass MA inspection (hold at 1200 RPM)?

Thanks!