Hand Tight People...nothing More!

old_blue

15 Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
Wow, first oil change on the mach 1 and the filter feels like it is welded on. Been working on it for 30 minutes and I am going to have to buy an oil wrench.

Here's a hint, if you don't know dick about cars, don't work on them and screw it up for others. Very frustrating....

• Sponsors (?)

Here's a hint, if you don't know dick about cars, don't work on them and screw it up for others. Very frustrating....

When it's -10 degrees outside and I don't feel like laying in the snow, the DD gets done at the dealer.

Then in the spring when I can do it myself i'm wondering what the hell they screwed the damn thing on with.

Even with an oil filter wrench, it took another 20 minute to get it off. I had to use an old serpentine belt inside the wrench to get more grip and It was barely coming even still. I thought it was just spinning the casing for a minute. Finally came off, cheap microfilter thing, on with the new motorcraft and 7 qts of 5w20.

So frustrating. Someone obviously put a wrench on it to tighten this. Basically took an hour just to get the filter off when it should have taken 25 minute for the whole mess.

Reactions: 1 user
I had to drive a long screw driver through one and use it to get it off. Talk about a mess!

Joe

I support the "stab it with a flat head and turn it loose" method

This was my next course of action. I could only imagine the mess. I was getting very pissed off. The guy I bought it from told me he had no idea how to work on cars so I assume this was done at his hands. I've already had to go through and adjust the exhaust due to a huge leak at the x pipe. The exhaust tips are ghetto and poorly attached to the car. They will either be trashed or maybe modified to fit. Not sure which yet. I don't like clamp on exhaust tips.

King size channel locks.
Wouldn't fit in the area I needed them to but it was considered. Many things were considered...

You need one of these...
images

Works good every time...

Reactions: 1 user