Has anyone put a saleen body kit on???

94 3.8l stang

Apr 20, 2004
Bismarck, ND
I am tired of my 4x4 looking mustang.LOL :rlaugh: . so i ordered a Saleen body kit. A friend of mine did his car ,2000 grand am,and said it only took him a few hours to drill and mount the bumbers and skirts, plus his car needed a specialty kit,makes things harder... Has anyone else installed this kit, and is there any tips for doing this to make the task easier. I won't be getting the body kit for a couple of weeks so any suggestions until then would help.. thanks in advance.

attachment.php

• Sponsors (?)

The Saleen kit is nice, but it won't get rid of your 4x4 look. It will make your car look better of course, but to get rid of the wheel gap you will need to lower your car (which is another story).
So my suggestion is (that's if you have the extra money) to do some suspension work and get larger wheels, unless you have some already. That should make your stang really stand out.

Yea. I have the saleen front bumper cover on my stock v6 and i have to say, it would look a LOT better with a lowered suspension and rims. People drive by and i can tell they are like... "hmmm, nice looking car... WAIT! wtf! that's a 6 banger with the old school wheels that looks as if it could plow over an SUV. What a poser!"

so yes. you should invest a little in the susp. and wheelage.

Or just spend the money you'd use on a fiberglass bodykit that will break within a year on a better suspension kit and some wheels and have a car to drive that's a bit more fun than it was before. Just my $.02 though.

you must take caution about what type of material the body kit is made out of. a pure fibreglass one will crack and shatter very easily. i think the good ones are made of poly-uerethane? and dont cheap out on the body work either. or the paint will peel within months.

ya. wheels are in a couple weeks when i get my next paycheck. I got duals and suspension is soon to come, shh...(so people can't tell its not a true saleen) :D . Its a work in progress. I've heard how fiberglass and poly urethane differ. I am just getting fiberglass though,much cheaper. Plus, my other car has fiberglass ground effects and its an 1988 thats really low,6 inches maybe?? :shrug: . I've only cracked them twice, fiberglass is really easy to fix. I've done alot of boat fiberglassing and different things, so i actually stand by it. I dont know how you would fix a poly urethane bumber if it broke in the sub zero temperatures where i live. I just was wondering if anyone knew anything i should watch out for. Like some clips i may break or something and have to replace when i'm installing it. I don't want to have to make alot of trips back and forth :nonono: . LOL. well if anyone knows anything, let me know. :nice:

I hope its not sarcasm... :nonono:

I already ordered the kit, and apearances of cars are pretty easy to change. Thanks for the support if you're sincere. :D

Like before, if anyone knows of any other good tips, things to watch out for. Let me know. :nice:

i got it

i have a 98 gt a i just recently over the winter got the saleen body kit (urethane) and installed it myself. I also had my car repainted and it game out beautiful. My car is a rare color bright atlantic blue and i had the fender emblem holes filled so it makes the car alot cleaner. Ive heard very bad things about the fiberglass body kits. I loved the kit i got it fit great i just had to make sure i drilled the holes in the right place which took some time. I just think i have to lower the car alittle to make it look beter. I also have the cervinis stalker hood (mach 1) and side scoops and i think that makes it even beter. If you wana see a pic jsut message me on aim and ill send it to you under the name happydood711. I wouldnt trade the body kit for any other. Tell me how the fiberglass kit fits. Maybe it will fit good.

gt fog lights

98greenmachine said:
hey, will the factory gt foglights fit in the slots of the saleen front bumper?

im not sure i had a cervinis stalker front bumper before the saleen kit and i had the cobra fog lights on it and i took them of without checked where they lined up but i think it would look wierd with them on there if they do fit just my opinion