headers...on a V6???

98_stang_guy

Apr 17, 2003
Wisconsin
i bought my car about 18 months ago, ive had my license for about 9 months. my mom has been complaining that i accelerate too fast out of the driveway and my car is loud when i accelerate. i couldnt figure out what the sound was coming from, i dont drive like a maniac or anything. i popped the hood the other day, and i have headers. did headers come stock on '98 V6 mustangs? buying a used car, you can usually tell what kind of person owned it before you. my car had no mods, cheap tires, a few cigarette burns in the carpet, some body work had to be done. i dont see why this careless owner that had my car before me would put headers on and keep the single exhaust.

• Sponsors (?)

i beleive im the 2nd owner, but from inside the car it doesnt sound loud. my dad took it for a drive past the house and its quite a bit louder from outside than inside. and it is 3 tubes coming from each side of the engine, not one forged exhaust manifold piece.

98_stang_guy said:
i beleive im the 2nd owner, but from inside the car it doesnt sound loud. my dad took it for a drive past the house and its quite a bit louder from outside than inside. and it is 3 tubes coming from each side of the engine, not one forged exhaust manifold piece.

They sound like headers to me but I'm really not an expert. (I'm a noob) Pics?

DcDisturbed947 said:
Well...have you checked to see if the muffler is the stock one? Maybe you overlooked the most obious one and its got an aftermarket muffler on there or something

Ya :shrug: Are what type of exhaust tip you have also :shrug: The last owner probly had the muffler replaced and the muffler shop talked them into some type of turbo muffler.