Headers

arena314

Sep 15, 2015
ok so I got a 78mm bbk throttle body and a set of longtubes for my car in a trade. the throttle body was uses but in good condition I already installed it the other night. the headers are brand new never been on a car before the only issue is they don't have a brand on them and may be ebay's. there really nice looking actually and there stainless steal all the welds look decent but idk if I should buy a new x pipe and do it or not. I'm having a guy put a new trans in my car within the month and debating on having him do it when the trans is out or not. what do you guys think? thanks.
attachment.php?attachmentid=209553&d=1480367834.jpg
attachment.php?attachmentid=209561&d=1480367845.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

Those soar to look much like my Mac headers. Only with the GT flanges. That's what they probably are. You will need a long tube mid pipe. I say go for it.

You'll like the power and sound. Doesn't matter the brand a long as they seal. A bent pipe of a particular diameter will flow the same as any other bent pipe of the same diameter, for the most part.

If you put them on, may want to consider a tune to go with them though.

I have a Bama sct 4 tuner I will let them know I'm upgrading my car bc I already installed my new bbk throttle body. and did your mac longtubes have the brand name on them?

They could be pypes as well. The set we used didn't have a stamp either. But I agree with the above. Find a matching mid pipe (H pipe for chambered mufflers and x for bullet etc). The car will make a better power down low with the long tubes and sound killer, esp with cams.

I just need to find an x pipe that will fit the diameter of the pipe and is fitted length wise for any longtube headers right?

Don't have a ton (any, HA!) of experience with LTs on Mod motors, but I would imagine depending on how much the headers hug the driveline, you might run into issues with any ol' midpipe (if collectors are wider at their exit vs where the midpipes hook up). To answer question I would do it all while the motor is out. If nothing else, buy an X/H pipe (the crossover section not the whole piece), go to an exhaust shop you trust, and have them mock something up. You'll know it will fit right (depending on how their work is). Good luck.

-J

Edit: If you buy an x-pipe off the shelf, yes I would make sure the diameters match.