headlight kit

98_stang_guy

Apr 17, 2003
Wisconsin
the other day i was watching spike tv...trucks or something was on, and there was an ad for a headlight kit for like '88-'04 chevy trucks that for your high beam it would have your high beam and low beam on at the same time, just like our cars when we hold the turn signal lever back instead of pushing it forward into the high beam position. is there any kit out there like that for our cars, or is there a way to wire it up to do that? it would make a lot more sense to have the extra light for high beams, especially up here in the north woods with all the deer running around...

• Sponsors (?)

get a 9007 HID conversion kit on ebay for like $250. I'm getting one as soon as I get rid of my project car. REAL HIDs! They run less voltage so they converve battey.

OR you could wire your low beams into your highs so that when you put the highs on they all stay on, but when you put your lows on you highs don't stay on. Theres something like this on the 3si.org website except they keep their foglights on with their brights. They have schematics that may be quasi-helpful.

You could also buy an OEM fog light kit on ebay ($140) and wire it so they stay on with the highs and lows. All it would require is that you tap into the highs and lows.

You have a 98 and they sell projector style headlights on ebay (not sure on cost cause I have a 99). They are clear lenses and appear to concentrate the beam better than the feactory beam pattern.

Depends what you wanna spend I guess or how much time you wanna invest or the style your going for. Personally I think HIDs look sexy as hell, provide 3X or more times the light and make you stick out.