Headlight suggestion...

• Sponsors (?)

LittlePonyGirl said:
Can anyone suggest what ype of aftermarket headlights look best on mustangs? I have a 2000 silver v6 mustang, and the headlights are cloudy and need to be replaced, I'm just not sure what would look good.

Thanks!
Before you go out and spend $150-300 on a new set of headlights try this:
WET sand them w/1000 or higher grit WET sandpaper(they will come out white-fogged) , after you do that use a metal polish paste (BLUE MAGIC works good $4-6 at any Auto parts store), at Home Depot you can buy a BUFFER machine for $20( RYOBI-unless you want to do it by hand which is a PAIN in the BUTT) buff them realy good and they will be like NEW. You can always buy new headlights but try this first and if it doesn`t work go ahead and buy new ones :)

what is it with the 2000 mustang lights? mine are quite cloudy, tried buffing them with polish, but I'll try the wet sandpaper and metal polish. I don't recall if smoked headlights were legal in Texas.

Smoked headlights should be legal nationwide. Tinted headlight covers will have some legal restrictions because they actually decrease the light output.

I got smoked headlights and put silverstar bulbs in....now they're brighter than my original lights

Ok, I read the law. It just states a car must have 2 headlamps, one on each side. The side marker MUST reflect amber and turn signals must be a color between white and amber or between red and amber. So I guess smoked is possible, but I'll go the cheap route.

Ok, I just Buffed my Headlights today......They were somewhat Fogged. I couldn`t find a 1000+ grit wet sandpaper so went w/600(did see some scratches after that) So if anybody is trying this use 1000+wet sandpaper.
After I wet sanded them used BLUEMAGIC metal polish......came out MUCH MUCH better don`t have any pics now to post but they are almost like NEW and it seems like there is a film on the inside as well don`t think I`m gonna clean the inside though it seems like PAIN IN THE BUTT.....So I figured I JUST SAVED ABOUT 150 BUCKS FOR NOW BUT WILL BUY NEW ONES VERY SOON, I am gonna go w/smoked since the Car is YELLOW