headlights

• Sponsors (?)

our bulbs are 9007. if its the whole fixture it wont work most likely, but the 9007 is the bulb you need. what kind of bulb is it? if its xenon you don't want them really. I don't at least. When a freshly paven road is wet, then the light reflects right off the road and its really hard to see. Sylvania silver star is what I have and they work GREAT! I'd highly reccomend those....

oh crap i just realised you said HID. now there are a few things you need to know about HID.

1) if it is true HID there will be no filament in the bulb. It runs by a bolt of electricity shot from one diode to the other (kind of like a flourescent tube). You need special wiring coming right off your battery and special headlights to run HID.

2) if it's HID-Simulation or HID-apperance or whatever its called (most likely) it will just be a regular light bulb filled with xenon gas. My problem with xenon is that its so bright it reflects right off a freshly paved road when its wet. If you look at this scientifically, black reflects light, and at that intensity and wavelength, it is totally reflected.

3) dont buy them either way. go down to autozone or pep boys and get yourself a pair of Sylvania Silver Stars. They cost between $20-$25 per bulb, but by god they're worth it! I have yet to meet one person who doesnt like them, even better than a xenon bulb.

4) as mustang_02 said check your wattage. You dont want to go above the typical 55/65 watts. (55 watts low beam, 65 high) Silverstars don't. If you go higher, you will need to get an upgraded wiring kit (heavier wires) and sockets. If you dont, you will be overloading your wires, they will heat, possibly melt, therefore giving you the possibility of shorting out your entire cars electrical system.

So find out about what kind they are, in any case I wouldn't buy them. for $40-$50 you can go down to pep boys and get yourself a good high quality set of headlights.