Headliner

• Sponsors (?)

Well the rest of my interior is in good condition and can be reinstalled. The headliner however has some holes and I don't think I can install one myself. So I am interested in ease of installitation and the appearance once installed.

Well I installed this one myself, it took some patience and a bunch of spring clamp to hold it in place while i fitted it, but it can be done. The fit was great with very little trimming. The absolute hardest thing to do is drill the pilot holes for your sunvisors and seat belts. Take your time or you will end up with and extra hole. Also, if your windshield gaskets are cracked and brittle, plan on replacing them too. Here is a couple pics of mine, sorry for the low quality.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 231
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 237
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 233
Yeah i got mine so i could get the extra 2 inches of head room, with the original headliner my head would rub, lol.

Horse, correct me if im wrong but dont you have to remove the windshield and back glass for a original style headliner?

Take the molding that holds the weather strip out . Start at the rear, make sure the two wires are in place that hold the rear bow first . Hook the rear bow in the proper holes ,you should be able to tell what hole it was in ,It should hang down ,center the headliner ,make sure you have the same amount of material on both sides,flip the rear bow up from the rear of the car so it hooks into the wires .go to the next bow and do the same ,only the rear bow has wires,and continue until you have all the bows in position .In the center of the window opening at the top lip you will see a V or notch ,glue the front lip with vinyl top glue all the way across stretch the top forward at the center ,the v in the window frame,spread glue on the back side of the headliner so it will contact the glue on the window frame when the headliner is stretched forward. If you have some old windlace cut it in about 3 inch pieces ,do this first of all ,stretch the center at the v again and slip a piece of the wind lace over the lip ,it will hold the liner in place . Next go to the front right corner and pull forward and out at the same time ,this will stretch the wrinkles from front to side .Do the left corner next the same way .now you can go between and stretch and fill in with pieces of windlace to secure the front .Next go to the rear ,glue the lip and stretch the liner and glue the back so it will contact the glue on the lip .stretch the liner ,place a piece of windlace in the center same as you did the front .Go to the right corner and continue the same way you did the front . Should be looking good by now . next go to the side ,one side at a time ,glue the lip and stretch the liner and glue the back so it will contact the glue on the lip. stretch at the rear bow first and hook in place with a piece of windlace ,continue on down the line with each bow .go back and stretch in between the bows and hook down the liner .Repeat on the opposite side until you are glued all the way around . you can remove pieces of the windlace a restretch any where you may have a wrinkle . leave the windlace pieces in place for a few hours to let the glue set when done .Pull the wind lace pieces off before you install the windows .It really is very simple . you may want to mask off the rockers or any where you may drip glue so it doesn't get on the paint .if you go get glue on the paint do not wipe it off with any kind of thinner ,you can buff the glue off with out hurting the paint .