Heart transplant

AP1995V6

Jul 13, 2003
Oxford, MS
I finally did it. I bought a 351w. I got it out of a 1979 LTD. It's not completely disassembled yet since some of the bolts on the connecting rods are striped. Anyway, I thought you guys might enjoy this.

View attachment 510345

Not a very good picture either since I don't have it on the engine stand yet.

Ciao.

• Sponsors (?)

I have the stock heads that I'm thinking about getting machined. If that falls through, I'm looking into some edlebrock victor jr heads.

Killercanary over in the 5.0 forum swears on afr heads so I may get some 225 afr heads.

So many options ;-)

How are the D9 heads? I would think they'd have huge combustion chambers and be riddled with emmissions ports. :shrug:

I would say, if the stock heads can't be milled and aftermarkets are too expensinve, go for early('69-'72) 351W heads.

Right you are. The combustion chambers are huge.

Thanks for the heads up on those 69-72 heads, though.

This is definitely a long term project, and, unless I win the lottery, it won't be done for a long, long time especially since my 'stang is my commuter car at the moment. :cheers:

This car will not be a daily driver by any means. It will be a weekend warrior for sure, after I'm done with it. I'm going 408 and depending on what the machine shop verdict is about the block, I'm getting a 8-10psi supercharger for it. Gas? What's that? ;)