Heater Fan Problem

ncaruso

Founding Member
Apr 15, 1999
Bloomfield, CT
So the heater fan on my brand new car is always on full blast - even when the speed is set at "one". If I get it right, Mustangs use a resistor that cuts back on the speed and this means the resistor is blown. They will fix it in warranty, but when I showed the service department the problem last week, they alll stood around scratching their heads. Anybody else encountered this?

• Sponsors (?)

Perhaps the hvac controls are different on my Premium car that yours? I don't have a traditional selector for fan speed, the controls are integrated into the touch screen...:shrug:

I'm worthless in this discussion then... you are correct in saying that in years past a ballast resistor was use to operate the fan speed

Today is the day I was scheduled to go into the shop. Getting ready to go to the dealer I noticed my driver's side rear tire is FLAT... Not going to be a good day... (I did pump it up enough to get it to the shop).

They replaced the resistor and the fan works fine. They noticed the tire was still losing pressure so they investigated more and found a pinhole leak in the tire, so they put a new tire on it. So far so good...