Hello Folks....I'm Baaaack

• Sponsors (?)

67GTFastback said:
Welcome back Oz. What happened to the original username? Glad to hear your move went well.

Hi yourself. I guess it was because I changed Internet providers and email address, so it was just easier for me to re-register. Same old guy, thinner air and maybe a new look on things. :nice:

Aw, seems like a shame to lose all those posts and a custom title (wasn't it "Too much thin air"?). I would think you could get it back by emailing/PMing a mod like CHarris or Mike himself. :shrug:

pabear89 said:
Naw it's the pace car white one with the racing stripes. :D

Glad your settled in there Oz, :)
But the new title means that some may think your
a Noobie here, :rlaugh:
Remeber to take 2 deep breaths before posting,
the air has to be much thinner now at you new home. :p

PB

In fact, the air is thinner. I calculate a lose of 33% horsepower up here. I swopped out the size 50 jets for 46s. It runs a little better and and a whole lot less richer. Folks who matter know my status. I just dare some semi newb to take me on. :D

Ozsum2 said:
In fact, the air is thinner. I calculate a lose of 33% horsepower up here. I swopped out the size 50 jets for 46s. It runs a little better and and a whole lot less richer. Folks who matter know my status. I just dare some semi newb to take me on. :D
Careful there Oz......your 'stang isn't the only thing subject to hypoxia at that altitude!:D

65stanger said:
Careful there Oz......your 'stang isn't the only thing subject to hypoxia at that altitude!:D

How true. It took my 3 weeks to get to about 94% O2 saturation in my blood. They say it will take a total of 6 weeks to completely acclamate to the thin air. I am much better now. The first days after the move really sucked. I'd wake up at night gasping for breath.

Ozsum2 said:
How true. It took my 3 weeks to get to about 94% O2 saturation in my blood. They say it will take a total of 6 weeks to completely acclamate to the thin air. I am much better now. The first days after the move really sucked. I'd wake up at night gasping for breath.

So walikg around with your nose stuck up in the air is
a normal position up there? :D
And your not just being stuck up. :rlaugh:

What happens when you have to come back down to where the rest of us live, Do you get a head rush from the extra oxygen. :shrug:

PB

pabear89 said:
So walikg around with your nose stuck up in the air is
a normal position up there? :D
And your not just being stuck up. :rlaugh:

What happens when you have to come back down to where the rest of us live, Do you get a head rush from the extra oxygen. :shrug:

PB

No, nothing that severe. It is like blood doping done by athletes. Your body puts on extra red blood cells to give a better delivery system of the O2. When you come back down, you have a super-charged oxygen system that gives you more get up and go. Basically, you don't get tired as quickly. The same time it took to acclamate up here, transponds into same time to get back to normal down there. Soooooo, Superman for a few weeks.