Help! 2001 Mustang Front End

DropTopProject

Nov 22, 2015
I hit black ice today and mustang went into a ditch. A friend tried to pull me out. Chain wasn't in a good spot slid off and ripped a line out of the front of my car. I have looked up countless diagrams and can't figure out where it leads. A brownish yellow liquid was leaking everywhere. The line was coming from the driver side wheel well and from there it ran across the front of the car. I found brackets but can't find where it leads as i don't have a jack at college. I didn't know if this was maybe a break line, Transmission cooling line, or honestly what it is. If anyone has any advice please help!
full

full

• Sponsors (?)

It's not a brake line (if that hose an clamp go with it).

I can't tell what it is by looking at those images. Perhaps someone else can.

Pull out your AAA card and get it towed to a shop before you make it even worse than it is.

Do this. Really. It's going to SAVE YOU MONEY. Just do it.

If you were at home with all Dad's tools at your disposal and nothing else but time, I would help walk you through this myself.

Yo don't. Have it towed (even if it costs you money you don't have) and get it fixed. Whatever line that is, you're about to make it much worse.

Got a trailer and taking it to my house tomorrow. Then i will put it on jack stands and try to get a better view. My main problem is just lack of work environment currently

Yepperz... I understand completely. I have a couple of college kids of my own. hehe

Hopefully nobody looks in the
basement and finds them.
:think:

Last edited:
I looked at it now I have a clear mind and not stressed. I found it is a power steering line. Was wondering if you could tell me where it goes. I'm pointing to it in the picture.
imag1491-jpg.545551

Attachments

• IMAG1491.jpg
    IMAG1491.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 319