Help!!! Crankcase Over Pressure (pcv System Fail)

Puggy_sd455

May 10, 2015
Marion Ohio
OK I need some help.... So my 96 Mustang GT has developed an over pressure problem in the crankcase the PCV system is seems to be completely blocked somehow and is not letting the crankcase vent off any pressure and I have NO idea how to fix it...

It was a little over full on oil but is not now and has a new PCV valve (JUST INSTALLED) there is a bit of oil in the hose from the valve to plenum. The hose from the driver side valve cover in the air intake seems to be the main problem somehow you can blow into it and it comes out the PCV valve but seems to be blocked if you try to suck air threw it...

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Everything is hooked up the way its always been.... It started one day when I was in a hurry I overfilled the oil a little and its been like this even sins... The cars been parked but I still start it trying to ether figure out whats wrong to burn out want ever making it act like this...

OK I need some help.... So my 96 Mustang GT has developed an over pressure problem in the crankcase the PCV system is seems to be completely blocked somehow and is not letting the crankcase vent off any pressure and I have NO idea how to fix it...

It was a little over full on oil but is not now and has a new PCV valve (JUST INSTALLED) there is a bit of oil in the hose from the valve to plenum. The hose from the driver side valve cover in the air intake seems to be the main problem somehow you can blow into it and it comes out the PCV valve but seems to be blocked if you try to suck air threw it...

Hmmm, okay step one, replace the hose and the valve as well drain all the oil from the motor and start from the beginning of an oil change. New filter as well and you're going to put in 4.5-5 quarts of oil, check it on level ground and clean the areas where the PCV valve go into the valve covers. making sure that you have the right amount of oil, go ahead and clear any CEL codes you have if any then reinstall the parts making sure the connections are good and where they're supposed to go. Start the car and shouldn't have any issues.
Hopefully this will work for you, good luck.