Progress Thread Help Discerning 66 V8 Motor Mounts

65-Fstbk

15 Year Member
May 20, 2007
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Ok so I have my motor mostly built and just ordered my carburetor today (Quickfuel SL-600-VS), nothing too crazy but I'm excited to fire this thing. Also have a set of Hedman shorty headers 8400. Again pretty tame but they were cheap and I can change things out later if I want to.

So I have a set of motor mounts I bought from a guy a few years back. When I mock them up in the engine bay the angle of the block side flanges does not seem close to what it should be. After looking around I think what I may have is a set of mounts for 66, 68-70 verts and the big block and boss setup. Seems to be some confusion though.

Can anyone chime in and let me know what I have here? The difference between the standard brackets and the brackets for the verts is where the two 'bracket to body' bolts are located, particularly the upper one. You can see in my pic on the left bracket the two bolt holes are parallel with the edge of the bracket. I think the ones I need have the upper hole inward from the edge and the lower is in the same location.

Anyone know for certain?

photo(10).JPG

Thx

• Sponsors (?)

You might find the attached information useful concerning motor mounts. I copied this from a MM article regarding motor mounts sometime ago.

Attachments

• 1964-66 Smallblock V8 Motor Mounts.pdf0 (2015_09_27 16_19_04 UTC).pdf
    384.9 KB · Views: 394
  • How To Identify And Choose Engine Mounts (2015_09_27 16_19_04 UTC).pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 542