HELP!!! Driver side window won't go up!

This was such a fun post to read. I just had the same problem on my 2002 V6. Took it in to a local mechanic to have the battery terminals replaced. Guy came out to give me my keys and asked:

"Did you know your window doesn't roll up?"
"Uhh, what? It's been rolling up fine since I've owned the car. What the hell happened?!"

Anyway, whether they actually did something to cause the problem or not, I'm now stuck with a rolled down window. I'm crossing my fingers that nothing gets stolen tonight (unless the thief is in serious need of a stack of Bed Bath & Beyond coupons).

I too hear the clicking when I click 'down.'

Have not tried the slamming technique, but am looking forward to it tomorrow morning.

Fingers crossed!

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks guys! Wish I found this sooner! 1 hour to carefully disassemble my door, check fuses, nothing. 10 minutes of surfing the Internet for the right thread, 2 minutes To hook up battery, hold button, and slam door.
Window up!
Not sure about the long term fix, but good for now! Thanks!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Love you aII and want to have your Mustang Babies!!!
I had googIed that very question, as on the eve of a MUCH needed hoIiday (prepaid hoteI and everything) 'Ms Lucy', my beIoved 98 GT Ragtop gave me the middIe finger. On a SUNDAY NIGHT. The day before a 6AM fIight. Autozone - beyond useIess, Nappa gave me the number of a guy who's going to caII me back.

SIamming the door never proved to be so satisfying AND effective!!!

:SN::hail2:

Reactions: 1 users
Just as an fyi.....my 02 convertibe had rear windows that failed to go down. Slammed the door while holding the switch down worked on each side. This issue occurred while I was negotiating the purchase so it was worth $300....lol.

Reactions: 1 user
So while this is an old thread I found it extremely helpful today! our 2001 Mustang drivers side power window wouldn't roll back up we spent two hours in the Texas heat tearing apart the door panel and getting nowhere lol tried the slam door trick worked perfectly so I had to say thanks!

I think the hammer idea is funnier :D
Thought you was joking, but figured I'd might as well try it before I start tearing the door apart. Something so simple, why not right? Well I'll be damned. Worked the first time I tried it.....lol. Huge Thanks stud. Saved me alot of time and a huge headache. Much appreciated.