Help Engine Questions On 2001 Cobra

lucio

Sep 21, 2014
Ok I know this has probably been discussed numerous times. I have a 2001 mustang cobra got into some deep water now has bad knock maybe a rod car will start but bad knock. I know an engine out of a Lincoln mark 8 will work or an engine out of an Aviator will work. I don't drive my cars hard I don't plan on any add ons I keep my cars pretty much original what do I need to do to get one of these other engines into my cobra. I found an engine out of an Aviator for a hell of a price but not sure what all I need to buy with the Aviator engine. I was thinking of just buying from the heads down or should I buy everything besides accessories? What do I need to use off my cobra engine to be put onto the Aviator engine? Any help be appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Ok I know this has probably been discussed numerous times. I have a 2001 mustang cobra got into some deep water now has bad knock maybe a rod car will start but bad knock. I know an engine out of a Lincoln mark 8 will work or an engine out of an Aviator will work. I don't drive my cars hard I don't plan on any add ons I keep my cars pretty much original what do I need to do to get one of these other engines into my cobra. I found an engine out of an Aviator for a hell of a price but not sure what all I need to buy with the Aviator engine. I was thinking of just buying from the heads down or should I buy everything besides accessories? What do I need to use off my cobra engine to be put onto the Aviator engine? Any help be appreciated
I am not by any means an expert but my recent learning's about these 4.6 dohc engines is from heads down are the same for the most part .Swap in all your upper parts and drop in.....hope this helps