HELP I CAN"T DESIDE

well as the title states i got a question and as the three other main posters are also on the other forum i will be posting this plz limmit your feelings/ideas to one of them. Now to the predicament the wifes stang as usual is up for its next mod/mods but this ones gunna be pricy so i need proper planning. ok im going to go either with a CAM from rpm-mustangs.com or the HTS coated MAC LT's. but heres the catch one costs 200 with refund core of 40 bucks (probly 25 after shiped)<CAM the other is 260. after whichever one is done i plan on having it dynoed and posably tuned with an SCT chip either by costal if they do SCT or buy ordering one from RMP. Also would i have to park the V6 for 3 or more weeks after cam install/waite for the SCT chip(if ordered) to install this cam or must i briing it to costal for a dyno tune immidiatly??? will it run ok until i either get the rpm one sent/ go to costal shortly after install. which do i do and will one truely out perform the other extreamly noticably???? also do i need new roller rockers, new pushrods ( it will be new and not reground but i dunno???), and new springs for the cam swap of............... oh say going from stock 184/202 to about a 207/209 or one around there???? if so then headers it will be and all problems prettymuch solved, boltons like LT's no prob for me, but getting deep in the internals and skrewing with that i dunno about it. Finally, i know really long post but i lost with this one, how much for a local shop to do the camswap???

• Sponsors (?)

It's 2am, go to sleep :D

oh, and do the cam! You posted this 3 times, twice here and once over on stang gang and i'm going to give you the same answer which also happens to be the best answer. :D Go with the cam, headers on V6 mustangs don't do much unless you have a poweradder or a decent amount of n/a work done.Once you have the cam installed, then you can put on the headers aswell as a full exhaust system (mid-pipe + cat back) and you'll see more power by doing that then if you just did the headers alone... trust me

no prob actually i have lost about 300 bucks since my other thred for both cars so i can only do one now and thats it so if cam then no LT's EVER :( but my main point with this one was to figure out the cost because of the lack of that 300 bucks i may not be able to afford the cam swap, i just dont want to spend the money and have it sit in a box for a year and a half

First of all, you should email Mik at RPM or Tom at Supersix and they should be able to answer most of the questions for you.

Now,

1. If you get a really mild cam, then you could even stick with the stock valvesprings, but that seriously limits the power you will gain.

2. The cost of a cam swap is significantly more expensive than the cost of the cam. You will need to remove the upper and lower intake manifolds as well as the valve covers, roller rockers, pushrods, and lifters. That right there means you need well over $100 worth of replacement gaskets.

3. Coastal Dyno uses Diablo Tuning, not SCT.

Hope this helps a little. Let me know if you have any other questions I might be able to answer, but your best bet is Mik or Tom to make sure you get all the answers you need.

5-SpeedStallion said:
First of all, you should email Mik at RPM or Tom at Supersix and they should be able to answer most of the questions for you.

Now,

1. If you get a really mild cam, then you could even stick with the stock valvesprings, but that seriously limits the power you will gain.

2. The cost of a cam swap is significantly more expensive than the cost of the cam. You will need to remove the upper and lower intake manifolds as well as the valve covers, roller rockers, pushrods, and lifters. That right there means you need well over $100 worth of replacement gaskets.

3. Coastal Dyno uses Diablo Tuning, not SCT.

Hope this helps a little. Let me know if you have any other questions I might be able to answer, but your best bet is Mik or Tom to make sure you get all the answers you need.

:nice:

spin.gif

yes, the cam is worth it. it'll give you a decent amount of power, the LT's will give you next to nothing... a K&N drop in filter will give you more hp than a set on LT's. If you were putting the LT's on your GT then they'd be giving you a little more hp, but since they would be going on a single port V6 you're not going to see any power gains... litterally .5 - 1 rwhp gain. It's just they way things are with the V6's.

Engage47 said:
where do you find all those smileys??? google searches???

no, i steal them from another forum site i goto.

http://insaneindustry.com/images/smilies/spin.gif

copy and paste this into the insert image box and voila, you have a smilie. Basically when ever i wanna change the smilie you just cnage the last part of the tag which is the name of the smile, *spin* or *ahh* or whatever other names they have, and by changeing the names you get the other smilies... it seems like a lot of work but it's fun cause some forums sites have some cool ass smilies

yeah i think im gunna hold off on MY LT's and just get a chip with 3 programs instead and dump what i save on that into the "supersix" god im sick

Seafoamin the GT tomarrow see if it helps any i was going to get 0-60 octane booster but i already got fuel injector cleaner in it so no go

well my battery died today and hadto get a new one and noticed that my car was idling as rough as a 454 with a wild ass cam in it so i figured heck why not it may even get me kicked outa school im gunna do it at the SPC parkinlot accrosed the street for drew campus

i figured thats why i drove it for 3 hours afterward still does it besides it is BADLY in need of a tune id say an easy 20 HP gained for setin this thig up on a dyno and having a chip burned upper 20's could prolly get squeezed out or her if the guys who tune it are good enough like coastal. shes just no where near i remember her being and i know a lot has to do with the tranny swap but this much i dunno i never woulda tradded it straight up for my stick it seem like its slamming hard into third even when undr NO load at all. but we'll see tomarrow i ran a best of 8.97 on 4 runs the one and only time i had her (as stick) at sunshine