Help W/ Remote Programing

autoxdriver

Feb 8, 2002
Cary, NC
Hi all, just bought my first Mustang in a while (I've had many in the past) and I've just hit a dead end, hopefully someone here can help. It's a 95, I know this forum is 96 - 04 but as far as keyless entry goes I hear the SN95s are all the same so I thought this would be the best pace to ask.

So it's a 95 GT with every visible option I know of: leather, cruise, Mach 460, power everything, etc. so I assumed it had come with keyless entry. When I go looking for the plug to short in the trunk to program the new key fob I just bought however, it's not there.

Where it should be, drivers side of trunk. That box on the right is the amp for the left rear deck speaker.
wowF9MRcRhtyWh9ER21-Be-U8dOxcP1bubKRL6N22XzDZqFcaMCmiJD__Y2BXxICMgbpEmov0oKPthjFFB=w1072-h603-no.jpg

Driver's side taillight area.
4MhjBEE9GWh2vMbu9Q825i9Q8Kj013X46FRDxtocgIzXSZPEfDlalBPB-Dw1K65geIazLidy7xVgj7eVnE=w1211-h681-no.jpg

But the electrical harness on the trunk lid clearly has power wires heading to the trunk release.
JjTWHf1jurJa23tZlguYM0QjJT9FO_tSntF5Pvjui2OjBKeTaGGzORkyPyhwVpIo2Pe9fbhNh-orbB096S=w1211-h681-no.jpg

So can anyone tell me, did I just waste my money? If in fact it didn't come with keyless entry are there aftermarket options available or can I just buy the module and plug it in? Anyone know what the option code would be and where to find it? I just find it hard to believe this car has everything but keyless entry.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

OK so upon further research it appears that keyless entry was an option unto itself (but did include the illuminated entry function and cargo net). Also the connection to the trunk release would be there anyway because of the glove box button.

So it looks like my best option is an aftermarket system such as a Viper alarm.