Help with '04 Cobra convertible color decision..

DroptopSVT

Apr 16, 2004
Michigan
Hey all,
Just thought I'd do a quick tally and see what your opinions are on the color of a new Cobra convertible. I seriously can't decide between black or torch red, and I need to make the decision by tomorrow afternoon. Yes, I'm ridiculous and this is driving me crazy. Black looks awesome when it's clean, but is hell to keep it clean all the time, and the torch red looked awesome at the dealer today. I know it'd be a ticket magnet though. Any suggestions? It's down to black or red, that's it.

Oh, my 2000 white (tan top/tan leather) V6 convertible is up for sale if there's anyone in the Michigan area (or anywhere else) interested. Immaculate condition, with 17" cobra R rims. Many extras. If anyone is interested, email me. Thanks to all-
:bang:

• Sponsors (?)

I would go with the Black, but thats just my opinion. It's really up to you, which ever one you like the best. You are the one that is goign to be driving it. Everyones going to have their own opinions, but it's going to come down to what you want.

red = cop magnent. get what you want. if i couldnt decide between two i'd choose based on

1) which one has been on the lot longer (longer sitting on the lot, better price you can get).

2) which one has the features you want more

3) it doesnt matter too much since it's brand new, but check the mileage.

4) Which one they're willing to work with you the most on.

That's the stuff I've always used. hopefully it'll work for you.

well you say it's a vert. i'm presuming the black has a black top, what top does the red have? I'd still go with black though being a vert...I don't like red verts flat out. white tops are a pain in the ass to keep clean and black top with white doesnt do it for me.

Ahhhh,
Finally decided. Went with the Torch Red. I had the dealership order the black and took it out for a spin, very nice, though I was surprised at how much they toned down the noise level, doesn't really sound like a Cobra to me. First mod I guess. Anyway, I recall the days of cleaning my black Grand Cherokee, 5 days a week....and didn't want to go through that again. So, picking it up next week, red with black top. Both cars were indentical otherwise. Thanks for the posts, looked like it was about 50/50 on this one.
:D