Help with brake drums

gbarber

Jan 26, 2004
delaware, ohio
I am in the process of replacing some rear brake parts on my '66 coupe. At sometime, the previous owner has replaced one of the axles. The result of this is now I have one original axle with a center hub (pilot hole) diameter of 2 3/8" and one with a 2 3/4" diameter. The current setup works fine. I am just trying to determine what car the 2 3/4" drum and axle came from. The drums I have are 10" X 2". I need a drum that is 10" X 2", with a center hole that is 2 3/4" (2.808"). Do any of the 67-73 Mustangs have a larger axle hub? I think I was told that maybe a Maverick might use drums that size, but I can't find a website that lists the dimensions of the center hole on brake drums.
Any information is greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

70s and later fords would be where I would start. Possibly 67 and later mustang. Mid 70s monarch i beleive have the bigger hub but im not sure about the shoe width. Is your old drum trashed? I will look I may have one that could be turned and used if you like.

hey i would like to know if you found the solution!! I have run into the same problem and cannot find the drum brakes that fit my 2-3/4" hubs.
-im looking for front left drum that will fit over 2-3/4" hub