Help With Door Lock ,new Actuator

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
93 lx, just pulled dash for heater core r/r all back together and dr door actuator burnt up. change to new one and no go,checked wires and I got power to one side all the time, I changed relays for alarm lock. the switch works pass side but not dr side ,when I push switch to lock power goes to other side for a second
help I don .tknow what to do

• Sponsors (?)

How well do you understand how electrical circuits work? Can you read wiring diagrams?
This is not a throw parts at it until it is fixed problem, it will require good electrical skills.

How well do you understand how electrical circuits work? Can you read wiring diagrams?
This is not a throw parts at it until it is fixed problem, it will require good electrical skills.
I can read dia.[I'm the one who put the 2 relays in to get door lock to oper. with the alarm 5 years ago.]I can't remember having power to the actcuator when the door switch or alarm fob was not pushed. I'm thinking I fudged something up when I pulled the dash to do heater core,but don:t see anything out of place.

UP DATE; found 2 wires from alarm that go to lock relays smashed in between steering colum bracket.undid bracket and fixed wires.I still get power to actuator constantly and it won't work with door switch or alarm fob.I think I fudged up my alarm? Does anyone know if the door lock actuator should read hot all the time?

I;m kicking my own ass here.... I removed the 2 wires from alarm to lock relays and the power to actuator is gone,also the door switch now operates fine. there is one green wire from alarm that when connected to relay sends power to actuator constantly, so I belive the alarm is shorted inside,anyone have 2 cents on this?PS it's a code alarm modle ca160...

I am glad to hear that you are making progress, sorry to hear that it seems to be the alarm module. Mustang parts, for the most of the items, are easy to find used and not expensive.

Thought: open up the alarm and see if anything looks burn or damaged. Look to see if the alarm manufacturer put a circuit diagram inside the alarm box, Maybe you can Google the alarm name & model and find a circuit diagram or replacement.

I am glad to hear that you are making progress, sorry to hear that it seems to be the alarm module. Mustang parts, for the most of the items, are easy to find used and not expensive.

Thought: open up the alarm and see if anything looks burn or damaged. Look to see if the alarm manufacturer put a circuit diagram inside the alarm box, Maybe you can Google the alarm name & model and find a circuit diagram or replacement.
Thanks ,I'll open it after work ,time permitting.At least I can lock the doors and i'll drive to work in the morning with heat for the very first time since a got her in 2007.

I got a little carried away on the way to work Monday. Trooper said he paced me at 87mph,and then cited me for 70 in a 65. then I call cust, serv. for the alarm and they want 90 bux to recon. my unit. Thusday is my Friday so I'll take it out and discect it this weekend.Wish me luck on both accounts..