Help With Rally Pack Clock

I am really stumped with my new rally pack clock. I have a unit from California Mustang for my 1965 Mustang and I was able to connect the tach after a number of tries. The clock has me COMPLETELY stumped since the light will not work and the clock ticks only when the car lights are on. Can anyone help me on this? I am really frustrated and have received NO help from either California Mustang or the manufacturer Oval Industries!

• Sponsors (?)

I will move you to Classic Talk Welcome to Stangnet .
The clock will need a full time power to keep time but i think the light will have to hook to the driving lights or headlights on power wire .Get a wiring diagram for 65 -66 it will show the hook up in the accessories wiring diagram

I am really stumped with my new rally pack clock. I have a unit from California Mustang for my 1965 Mustang and I was able to connect the tach after a number of tries. The clock has me COMPLETELY stumped since the light will not work and the clock ticks only when the car lights are on. Can anyone help me on this? I am really frustrated and have received NO help from either California Mustang or the manufacturer Oval Industries!

Hey You! Thank you for your kind reply. I have already gone through my wiring diagram for 65 Mustangs and followed the schematic to the letter. Still no luck! I have been pursuing this avidly and am hearing that a run of repo rally pacs have had clock issues. My tach works like a charm, both function and light. The clock, however works only when the lights are on and the clock light has never worked.
Again, THANK YOU for your reply! TOM

The black wire to the clock is a ground
The blue and black wire plugs into the courtesy light power side or any 12 volt lead with full time power .
The blue and red wire is the light wire and hooks up to the dash lights ,the light will come on when the dash lights are on.