Help!!!

zachtireland

Feb 19, 2015
Okay here is my situation, I have a built 98 gt. It has 90,000 original miles and around 15-20,000 miles on its build, it has patriot stage 2 heads stage 3 comp can and etc. But my problem is that last week I had a shift fork break in my trans so I parked the car until I was ready to swap out the trans. When I started the car I noticed a tick or clicking noise. It sounds like a valve tick or something, its coming more from the passenger side of the engine. The car DID NOT have this problem a week ago when I parked it, so I don't know how or what it could be for sure. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

• Sponsors (?)

Did you have the engine built or did you buy the car with the engine already in it? Was it bought as a short block, long block? Is there any warranty on the engine?

Once upon a time, I got pissed at the misses and took it out on the car... I had the 1-2 grind and forced it into second... When I got home, I noticed it was making a knocking noise... I thought my engine was toast until I discovered the shifter was bouncing every time it knocked. I drove it like grandma for a couple weeks, put a roush short throw in it and it went away for the most part. That was 8 years ago... Transmission still works, but still ticks occasionally (and it definitely doesn't like the power the car makes now).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk