Help

1mad4.6!

Nov 11, 2015
Why is my 2002 mustang GT burning coolant:( i changed the mainfold intake and the problem wasn't fixed im actually burning more coolant my coolant level keeps going down and comes out my pipes can it be my head gaskets?

• Sponsors (?)

Is it white smoke coming out of the tailpipes? If so, there is a strong possibility that you may have a blown head gasket. Check the condition of your oil. If it is "milky" then coolant is mixing in with the oil. Another thing you can check is on a cold engine, take off the radiator cap and start the car. If you see bubbles then it's another sign of a blown head gasket.

^^ What he said.

If you are loosing coolant and it's coming out the tailpipes, you more than likely have a blown head gasket. Symptoms are milky oil or oil in your coolant reservoir. But you may or may not have both. You could also do a compression test to see if you have a cylinder that's low.

Let us know what you find out...

Yes white smoke that comes out my pipes and it smells sweet and my oil is in perfect condition its not milky and i did start the car cold and i didnt see no bubbles and how can i do that compression test ? Or where can i get it done at and the car funs perfectly fine i changed the manifold intake thinking it would solve since it was having a leak but still the same thing

You can buy a compression tester at any auto parts store and its real easy just unplug the injectors and coils then remove a spark plugs and install then turn the motor over a few times without starting and check the gauge on the compression tester

It is possible to have a bad head gasket and not have coolant mix with oil but its pretty uncommon for that to happen but another thought is that it could be a cracked head