Help

DarrenPieren

Oct 13, 2016
My wife has a 2011 Mustang Conv with a P1sc procharger on it. Can anyone help me with the spark plug gap business. Right now they are at .35 and she says it runs a bit rough. The plugs are NGK-6. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks folks!

• Sponsors (?)

idling/running a bit rough isn't a spark plug gap issue. That's already on the wide side for a power adder car. Most are gaped between .028-.032. That being said, shrinking the gap further still isn't going to smooth things out. The only reason you would have to shrink the gap even more, would be to address a high RPM miss. Generally, a wider gap will provide a smoother running engine than a narrower one.

idling/running a bit rough isn't a spark plug gap issue. That's already on the wide side for a power adder car. Most are gaped between .028-.032. That being said, shrinking the gap further still isn't going to smooth things out. The only reason you would have to shrink the gap even more, would be to address a high RPM miss. Generally, a wider gap will provide a smoother running engine than a narrower one.

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it. Looks like it's a trip to the shop for this one.

Got a new problem here. Spark plugs on the passenger side were just covered in carbon while the other side were clean as can be. Had the plugs in for only one day. Any ideas as to what's going on?