Hesitation while accelerating

dynasty_365

Jan 13, 2010
ok guys it started last night while i was on my way to work. the car itself is shifting fine its just when i'm on the gas and going it seems like i have a little hesitation while its accelerating like it lags then pics up speed. i have a 2012 gt 6sp manual with 3.73 gears.

reading online most people who have had the problem usually have bad sensor or dirty MAF or something what do u guys think? either way when i get off tomorrow morning i'm head to the dealership and let them check it out since the car is only a month old lets put that warranty to work ya know

• Sponsors (?)

Hi dynasty_365,

I agree that with this being such a new vehicle, you shouldn't hesitate to bring it to the dealer. That's what they are there for. :) I know it is rather soon to have to make a dealer visit. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

~Natasha

went to the dealership this morning and they wanted to keep the car over the weekend but i couldnt leave my vehicle over the weekend on such short notice. so i'm going to bring it back on tuesday when i'm off from work and let them work on it since i dont go back to work til wednesday night. hopefully its nothing serious. hell u can't even tell anything is wrong. it shifts fine and accelerates fine up until im like in fourth and if i mash fully on the gas pedal it accelerates but has a pause or lag or something before it completely goes wide open throttle.

if i gradually increase the speed in fourth its not the there but when i mash on it to get on it it does it. i jst dont know. any thoughts?

i know its time for an oil change cuz i'm right at 3000 miles and my oil life says 45 percent. online it says the MAF maybe dirty or the air filter maker need to b cleaned or changed. the car isn't making any weird noises or throwing any check engine lights. it runs fine excpet when i try to get on it in about 4 gear or so. i dnt think the cluth is slipping so oh well to the dealership my baby goes

I'm not sure. Hasnt Been out the house since early this morning. When I go out tomorrow I'll see what rpm it does it at. I know last night when I drove it it didn't do it but when I drove it home from work it did it and it's really only in like 4th gear when I get on it wot.

Answers online vary from bad sensors to fuel pump or fuel sensor problem so idk. Hopefully it not something that they have to have my car forever for

if i gradually increase the speed in fourth its not the there but when i mash on it to get on it it does it. i jst dont know. any thoughts?

YES. Turn off traction control, then do it. Problem should go away. The car senses impending power, and the electronic nannies kick in hard. It has happened to me in Sport mode also, but is fine when I turn off traction control or turn off traction control and advancetrack.

2011 Mustang GT Acceleration!!?? - Ford Mustang Forums

found this online. Couple people have had the problem. SoMe say it's a sensor others say it's the way the throttle is hooked up with some kind of wire connection. Jst doing research. Either way it's going to the dealership Tuesday morning when i get off work.

Also think I have that tick that some people have. Drove my car to work tonight no radio or anything on jst listening and feeling the car and heard like a ting ting ting type of noise. Faint but I heard it so when I got off the interstate finally and stopped a red light and Iheard it clear as day but online says it's not a proble and caused no issue in anybodys car and is fixed with a simple additive

Hi dynasty_365,

Thank you for the update. I am glad you are bringing it to the dealer tomorrow. Please PM me with your VIN, contact information, mileage, and servicing dealer information, and I will ensure this issue is documented and corrected. I will keep a look out for your response.

~Natasha

car has been at the dealership since 830 this morning. oil change done waiting to hear back from the dealer so i can see if i can come pick my car up or not. dnt want my baby there all night lol

Hi dynasty_365,

Were you able to pick your baby up from the dealer last night? If not, let me know through PM and I will try to assist. Please include your contact information, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealer. I will see what I can do to help.

~Natasha

My experience in GMs with the same condition is that turning off the traction control solves the problem. It's not really a bug, but just aggressive safety profile of the traction control strategy. I never thought about modifications to this through a tune, but I guess it makes sense. I would say, on a wet road, you might just like it better.

Reactions: 1 user
My experience in GMs with the same condition is that turning off the traction control solves the problem. It's not really a bug, but just aggressive safety profile of the traction control strategy. I never thought about modifications to this through a tune, but I guess it makes sense. I would say, on a wet road, you might just like it better.

Yes, it is most likely traction control (which solved the issue for me also). But a tune does not solve this, it just amplifies the problem since it adds more horsepower, and thus traction control kicks in more often.

However, there is always the chance of a bad sensor or something, so I will stay tuned to see what the dealer comes up with.

ok sorry it took so long to update. but after the going to the dealership they didn't see anything wrong but i got my oil changed and that was at 3100 miles and i haven't had a problem out of the car since then. i'm at 6100 miles now and the last couple of days ive been having that acceleration issue again. it kinda bogs down but anyway tonight i decided to go for a little drive just to check things out and cruise a little and soon as i was bout to get on the interstate the check engine light came on and the infamous ticking that some people have is coming from the engine on the driverside under the valve cover.

so i turned arund and headed home. everytime i accelerat the ticking increases its pace and i can hear it. so i get home do some research online then head back outside to check the car again since its cool down and of course the ticking is gone but the check engine light is still on. so technically thats a goodthing since now when they scan for codes it should b throwing a code up now since the check engine light is on in the car.

i noticed that im having the accelertion problem around 45% oil life same as last time. wonder if that means anything. i mean i'm only 3000 miles off of my last oil change and last time the oil changed fixed theproblem i wonder if it will again. but hell the check engine light is on so i'm guessing its something. i'll b at the dealership first thing in the morning before they even open

so got an oil change while i was there. the mechanic reset the check engine light so its off. said thats the first 5.0 theyve had in there and to work on ever. well they got the code and they called the engineers at ford and its one of the cam sensors. doesnt say which one just says in the left bank. our cars have 4. 2 in the right bank and 2 in the left so they r ordering the parts and will call me when they come in so i can have it fixed.

left the dealer and drove the car and no problem at all. car just wanted to go as usual. wonder wassup with oil changes hmmmm interesting but hopefully t he parts will b in soon

so got an oil change while i was there. the mechanic reset the check engine light so its off. said thats the first 5.0 theyve had in there and to work on ever. well they got the code and they called the engineers at ford and its one of the cam sensors. doesnt say which one just says in the left bank. our cars have 4. 2 in the right bank and 2 in the left so they r ordering the parts and will call me when they come in so i can have it fixed.

left the dealer and drove the car and no problem at all. car just wanted to go as usual. wonder wassup with oil changes hmmmm interesting but hopefully t he parts will b in soon
Hey i have the same problem with my Stang.. but i got an older model... they said i need an tune up... of course yu dont need that... but he also mention to the car worker about some spark plugs.. so im gonna work on my car this morning n put new plugs on the please keep me posted!!!?!