Hey From Tyler And My 1967 Coupe

jonestyler22

Sep 3, 2014
Hey Everybody,

Just writing to introduce myself and say that I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible on here, and hopefully getting to know some of you at some point.

I'm 26 years old, just moved to the Gulf Coast for work, and I'm the proud owner of a red 1967 Coupe. I am ecstatic. A little about how I got the car....

I grew up helping my grandfather wash and occasionally restore his 1965 Mustang that was always in the garage when I visited him in Arizona. He didn't get really serious about restoring it until I was a teenager, but I remember even as a child having an immediate physical reaction to the mustang - it was just such a beautiful vehicle, it transcended decades of age difference and knowledge. I knew deep down that one day, a long way off, I would have one.

Fast forward to this summer. I took a great job with a great company in a less than great area (sorry to all you Gulf Coast Mississipians reading this). I started to look for cars on Craigslist and kept striking out for weeks...I couldn't seem to find a cheap Accord that didn't have a salvage title or 160,000 miles on it.

Finally, towards the end of a month of looking, I figured what the hell - let's go for it and just see what pops up.

Boom. There it was. My dream car, right there, and it was even within my budget (9500). It was even a 1967, my year of choice!

The owner dumped a lot of money and effort into it, and eventually decided to get rid of it because he was bored and didn't have much left to do on it. So now I'm enjoying the benefits of his labor and living the dream, driving a 67 stang as my daily driver.

Part of the reason I got the car is because I really want to learn the skills of doing real work on a classic car. I'm not some punk kid that just wants to drive around and look cool - Ok I totally I am, but that's not ALL I am - I actually want to dive into this thing and put a lot of effort into improving it and growing through the process.

At any rate, I'll be posting some specific questions I have on it in the tech threads, so be on the lookout if you're interested.

Also, if you guys could point me in the direction of a thread that has a list of projects/inspections a beginner should perform to get familiar with the car and keep it road-ready, I'd appreciate it. I have access to a mechanic's garage and whatever tools I need, so fire away.

Thanks guys!

Tyler
14939_780014662040042_7641437163460003028_n.jpg
Mustang.jpg

• Sponsors (?)