Mar 12, 2004
i am looking for a name for this 65 coupe would like you guys help
we now have all the crome on it now it is all together

Attachments

• fresh paint front 2.JPG
    fresh paint front 2.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 149
  • Sponsors (?)

It's kind of hard to name a car w/o seeing it in person. I know cars are inadamate objects, but they still have personality (at least some of them) and it's up to you to decide what that personality is and what name fits it.

-Chelle

SadbutTrue said:
nah you didn't skywalker... you just told her you did. Just like you'll tell the next girl you meet that you'll name it after her, and so on :p

unless this girl is your wife, in which case I will proceed to retreat back into the woodwork now

Good point. :)

The chick was abot 20 on a 10 point scale though so when I see her again and she asks (God knows she will as women never forget suchs things) then I will continue to tell her it is named kim. As for my current GF, as far as she is concerned the car has no name.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I can't stand it when people refer to their car with some sort of name. Its really bad when they keep repeating it. "I changed her oil, put some new tires on her, she needs a tune-up but she's gonna have to wait." Argh, give it rest man! I just call 'em like I see 'em, its a mustang, so thats what I call 'it'. It has no gender, its a car!

302 coupe said:
I'm probably in the minority here, but I can't stand it when people refer to their car with some sort of name. Its really bad when they keep repeating it. "I changed her oil, put some new tires on her, she needs a tune-up but she's gonna have to wait." Argh, give it rest man! I just call 'em like I see 'em, its a mustang, so thats what I call 'it'. It has no gender, its a car!

"I changed mustang's oil, put some new tires on mustang, mustang needs a tune-up but mustang's gonna have to wait."

:rolleyes: Mmmm, I see your point, that is soooo much more tolerable, not so bad at all. I could listen to that all day. :D

:rolleyes: you're taking that a little too far..... Like I said, I'm probably in the minority on this one. Its just dumb to build a hopped up muscle car and name it Jasmine or some crap like that. On the other hand, you can't build a tough ride and give it a guy's name. You would NOT want to be heard saying "I need to give Doug a lube job." Thats why I leave it at "it."

302 coupe said:
You would NOT want to be heard saying "I need to give Doug a lube job." Thats why I leave it at "it."

:rlaugh: I think that is exactly how using girl's names came about, that and the cars are very tempermental like women and can often make you miserable if they aren't treated properly.

I always thought it was kind of cool actually, except for that dreaded "E" name. :nonono:

Speaking of high school car naming, one kid at my school had a beat up mid-80's C10, with a windshield banner that boldly proclaimed "Country Boy", stupid.....
Another kid had a lifted Z71, proudly named Hi Rollin'......that really gets on my nerves, kinda like the airbrushed tags that some people get at local fairs, "Cletus and Tinker" or wtf ever they scribble on there. Come to think, a car with any kind of name attached to it strikes a nerve with me. Its a little different if the owner is a girl, because its cute if a girl does it. It just doesn't seem right when a guy does it though.

I've got a bad feeling I'm gonna get flamed outta my socks for writing that....oh well :shrug: :)

302 coupe said:

yeah but when you spend more money on your stang then you spend on your girlfriend or wife, you might as well give it a name, that way you dont feel so bad about dumping so much cash into a machine :nice:

The only way I'm naming it is if the IRS lets me claim it as a dependent.

I was in high school during the custom van era, where every custom paint job was nasty metal flake, all the camaros hos grotesque fender flares(they were already rusted in minnesota anyway), and people would pinstripe inane crap like "Golden Angel Dreamer Baby" on their vans.

Anytime I see todays youth getting all jiggy for the seventies and ABBA tunes, I wanna explain how it really was.