Hi From Nc!

Hey Guys! My name is Curtis Lemons and I'm new here from NC.
I just turned 20 on 4/20/14 and I am a Young and Aspiring Car Enthusiast! I just recently purchased a 2008 Mustang GT/CS Convertible in Black. My grandfather had a 64.5 i6 Mustang which he has passed down to me a couple years ago since I have always been so interested in the car. I have both Mustangs in the garage and the '08 GT is my daily driver. My mom is not too thrilled that her Mercedes is still in the driveway after I cleaned out the garage. But hey, I cleaned it out and put the time into it so my car could have the best care. I wash it and detail it every Sunday. I would never let a machine touch my car to wash it. I personally believe that if you wash your car it creates a special bond between you and your car. You get to know every inch of it and all the creases and curves. Once you're done you get to admire the time and effort you put into it to make it look the best it can. There is no greater feeling of accomplishment when you see a car with a family of four and when they pass by you at a light their little kids in the backseat smack their faces against that side window with blood running out of their noses just to catch a glimpse of your ride.
Drop by to say Hi or answer some of my questions and I will do my best to do the same. It would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks Everyone!

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome from NC. I've got almost 10 years on ya but my awesome wife just let me get a new (used) daily driver. Same body style as yours except a '07 in white, vert GT/CS. The previous owner cared for it as much as I do and sunk quite a bit of money in it before trading in on a '14 Stage 3 Roush. I was driving a Civic when I was 20. I'd have a few more notches under my belt (if you know what I mean), had I been driving a bad ass stang before I could legally drink.

eqa9arym.jpg

This is what sold me on the car:

2uvuzu3e.jpg

Looking forward to some pics of your ride. I know the feeling exactly about cleaning your car. I spent several hours last weekend cleaning the leather, spray waxing the whole car, and polishing the wheels. Man, this was way easier 10 years ago, but still just as rewarding.

Reactions: 1 user
WOW! Your GT/CS looks incredible. I love the GT500 wing and the body kit yours has. I work from 345pm til 2am but as soon as I get home I will upload some pictures! I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about washing their car. I've done alot of research on the car washing products that work best for the paint and leather interior so I get everything right and so that every inch of my car looks impeccable. But again, I love your '07 GT/CS that white is BADASS!:hail:

Reactions: 1 user
Welcome from NC. I've got almost 10 years on ya but my awesome wife just let me get a new (used) daily driver. Same body style as yours except a '07 in white, vert GT/CS. The previous owner cared for it as much as I do and sunk quite a bit of money in it before trading in on a '14 Stage 3 Roush. I was driving a Civic when I was 20. I'd have a few more notches under my belt (if you know what I mean), had I been driving a bad ass stang before I could legally drink.

eqa9arym.jpg

This is what sold me on the car:

2uvuzu3e.jpg

Looking forward to some pics of your ride. I know the feeling exactly about cleaning your car. I spent several hours last weekend cleaning the leather, spray waxing the whole car, and polishing the wheels. Man, this was way easier 10 years ago, but still just as rewarding.
Hey man, would you mind checking out my "Manual Transmission Knocking" Thread and let me know if you have ever experienced the same thing?

Behold the "MurderStang"!!
6k HID's, Smoked Headlights and turn signals
The boys having some fun. Thats my Uncle with his fist in the air and my cousins Fiance at the wheel for a test drive.
I will post more pictures tomorrow!

Attachments

• 20140727_173417[1].jpg
    20140727_173417[1].jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 20140727_174429[1].jpg
    20140727_174429[1].jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 20140607_201916[1].jpg
    20140607_201916[1].jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 97
Hey man, would you mind checking out my "Manual Transmission Knocking" Thread and let me know if you have ever experienced the same thing?
That's odd man. I haven't noticed any knocking on mine but then again, I don't typically make any hard low gear turns. So if you swing out wider does it still knock? My car may have had the issue and the old owner fixed it. He was meticulous to detail so there's no telling.
Behold the "MurderStang"!!
6k HID's, Smoked Headlights and turn signals
The boys having some fun. Thats my Uncle with his fist in the air and my cousins Fiance at the wheel for a test drive.
I will post more pictures tomorrow!
Nice! I like the headlights. Mine has aftermarket lights that arent very bright. What color are your seats? Mine are gray and black. Just wondering what color scheme went into the black CS.

hmm.. that's interesting I'll have to do a little more investigating and see what they can come up with because it's too nice and expensive to be knocking around like it does.

and it has the grey and black color scheme as well. does yours have the ambient interior lighting kit?

hmm.. that's interesting I'll have to do a little more investigating and see what they can come up with because it's too nice and expensive to be knocking around like it does.

and it has the grey and black color scheme as well. does yours have the ambient interior lighting kit?
No, that was introduced in '08. I can only adjust the backlight on my gauges. Yours came with the Shaker 1000 package?

No, that was introduced in '08. I can only adjust the backlight on my gauges. Yours came with the Shaker 1000 package?
Shaker 500 :shrug: still a very good system though. Mine didn't come with the ambient kit as well and i've found some online for upwards $300.. although I happened to come across a kit for $130 running as a special I might purchase after I finish the exterior mods.

Shaker 500 :shrug: still a very good system though. Mine didn't come with the ambient kit as well and i've found some online for upwards $300.. although I happened to come across a kit for $130 running as a special I might purchase after I finish the exterior mods.
Let me know how the install goes and how it looks. I'd like to have the ambient light but not for $300.