HOLY FUEL MILEAGE BATMAN!

J_Squared

Jun 28, 2005
Buffalo, NY
Im just in a state of shock right now, i just got home a couple hours ago from a 300+ trip one way, filled up my tank and it only took 11 gals. exact mileage at the station was 320, and my gauge was still over 1/8. now i dunno what i did, i mean i was expecting low 20s, but, 29 something cant be right, can it?

• Sponsors (?)

I got 250-280 on the highway with 3.73s, AOD, and the A trim w/19# injectors. After the 30# injectors and heads went on, that was all she wrote for good gas mileage :bang: Thankfully the jump to the 42# didn't make it more drastic.

ahh gas mileage... ive actually only had my car on the interstate once, and that was the day i bought it, so i dont know what highway mileage is... but on country roads (what i travel 90% of the time) and the little bit of city driving i do i get 10mpg if im not hot doggin it.

Yeah, when my dad drives my car on the highway, he gets between 24-27mpg regularly (on a stock 5.0). One time when I was trying to burn off some gas so i could put in some methyl hydrate for an e-test, I managed to get 7mpg whipping around in the country. lol... all depends how you drive.

yeah my dad and I went on a road trip a little while ago and managed to get 32 mpg. I thought there was no way in hell. It has the stock 2.73's and we didn't go past 65mph though since we were cruising with a guy with tall gears.

I've drove my old Mustang from Michigan to Florida and got very good gas mileage on the highways. I like driving my current car to and from work because it gets better mileage than my Liberty! (plus it has a smaller tank)

My first Mustang was a 1990 ex. Highway Patrol coupe that my dad drove right off the auction floor, drove 380 miles home, and got 36mpg. He could always get great mileage out of anything on the highway. The most I got out of it was 29mpg all highway, when it was all totally stock.

I find this amazing, but can also back that up myself as I attained 27 mpg without even trying in my 89! Ya never see modern v-8's offering that much, except for those that cancel cylinders on the highway....imagine if our 5.0's did that!