Hood Mounted Turn Signals For 2016

90GTFIVO

Apr 28, 2011
Carroll, OH
I was with a friend of mine at Bristol this weekend and he works close with the lighting dept for the new mustang. He said for 2016 they are going to add LEDs around the 2 scoops in the hood that face back towards the driver. They will be hood mounted turn signals similar to some older muscle cars from the past. Said they will be dimmed compared to the other (main) signal lights and the lens will be smoked so they won't be very noticeable until you turn on your signal.

I think this is a pretty cool add-on feature to the new stang.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I was with a friend of mine at Bristol this weekend and he works close with the lighting dept for the new mustang. He said for 2016 they are going to add LEDs around the 2 scoops in the hood that face back towards the driver. They will be hood mounted turn signals similar to some older muscle cars from the past. Said they will be dimmed compared to the other (main) signal lights and the lens will be smoked so they won't be very noticeable until you turn on your signal.

Hot dam!!! This was one of my favorite features of my 1967 mustang and is the first thing I thought of when I saw the vents on this car. I sure hope they will be a direct fit on the 2015's

Hot dam!!! This was one of my favorite features of my 1967 mustang and is the first thing I thought of when I saw the vents on this car. I sure hope they will be a direct fit on the 2015's
That would be awesome to see something like this retrofit the '15. I'll be looking for this as well as it sounds really cool.

Just got a little more info from my buddy. They will only be on the GT. He also said they should fit the 2015, so you might be able to get them from the dealer once they're released.

I have another friend in the same industry, who's involved with the new head lamps. I'm trying to have him ship me a spare set he has laying around. I'll figure out something to do with them. I was thinking mounting them recessed into my drywall in my garage and wiring them up so they turn on by using some sort of switch!

Just got a little more info from my buddy. They will only be on the GT. He also said they should fit the 2015, so you might be able to get them from the dealer once they're released.

I have another friend in the same industry, who's involved with the new head lamps. I'm trying to have him ship me a spare set he has laying around. I'll figure out something to do with them. I was thinking mounting them recessed into my drywall in my garage and wiring them up so they turn on by using some sort of switch!

Awesome that's what I was hoping for since I ordered a GT.

These headlights, are you talking a new design for 2016 or the same ones on 2015? I know the F150 went with LED and was just curious if the mustang would to

This might be a fairly useless option since a majority of drivers don't even know what a turn signal is, at least around here anyway. :fuss:

It's a visual cue that you turn on when you start the car that indicates that the vehicle is operational until shut down. It should remain in the "activated position" until such time as you are stationary in a legally marked spot designated for unoccupied vehicles.

I asked the blue hairs at the home down the street. They insist that is has nothing to do with indicating direction since they've got no where to be in the first place and often figure out destination only AFTER they've merged into traffic. :shrug:

The only thing I would want to know is - Does it cover up the venting from the engine compartment?

Back in the 60's, I seem to remember that such was to confirm to the driver that their turn signals were working (the bulb was not burned out).

I remember those, I think that went well into the 70's or later as well. If you turned your blinker on to one side or the other and the light was solid instead of blinking, you probably had a bulb blown on that side. If the blinker did the same on the other side however, the turn signal flasher was probably faulty. (the thing that actually made a noise as it was turning on and off the lights making them blink). added that last part for those who've never worked on cars with one of those, since the sound is all simulated these days. :D

I remember those cars with the turn signal lights on the hood, I always wondered why they were way out there, when you had the lights on the dash doing the same thing. Then I saw how some people drove, never looking at the lights on their dash (warning or otherwise). DOH!