Hood Vents Fix....

My hood vents leak like crazy like most 67 coupes. I looked at covers that screwed on and none of them seemed to fit right, or stay on at freeway speeds, so I bought some vinyl sheets used for bumper stickers and cut out my own. I cleaned the vent area really good, plus heated up the area with a blow dryer and then heated the vinyl. it won't last forever but it weather really well plus my order came with enough to replace it as needed. I recommend it. heres the link to the vinyl I used off amazon.

12" X 24" 6 Sheets of Matte Black Permanent Adhesive-Backed Vinyl for Craft Cutters, Punches and Vinyl Sign Cutters ? Vinyl Ease V0153

Attachments

• IMG_5817.JPG
    IMG_5817.JPG
    485.1 KB · Views: 161
  • Sponsors (?)

I replaced my cowl vents so mine don't leak anymore but before I did I had an idea you might try that may last a little longer.
if you've ever seen business trucks with magnetic signs on their vehicle door you know what im talking about, but that magnetic sheet material the sign shops use would work perfect I think and would hold most water if not all water out. I think if it were cut about an inch wider than your vent so it overhangs at least a half inch all around it would work good. haven't tried it but would like to hear from anyone that may have. You can buy 2 foot by 2 foot square for less that ten bucks

I've heard that this is a typical problem for Mustangs but I have not had this happen yet to mine. I hope I didn't just jinks myself
If you live where it rains they may already be rust pitted. Mine have pretty decent pitting. I will rust coat them but cutting them out isn't really an option. The vinyl is a cheap way to keep water from getting in. Its temporary but works very well.