Administrative Hot List Question

• Sponsors (?)

It is a curated list of threads from any forum. Threads are suggested to be put on the list by a number of criteria and must then be approved or not by whoever curates the list. What's in there now are those things that the plug-in suggested and that I or karthief have approved.

Curators can also [add] any thread to the list. They don't have to be selected by criteria first.

I'm in test mode and trying to determine if it's of any use to us. The idea is that I turn the curation of the list over to [Active Member] to decide.

So, naturally, I want to know if anybody even looks at the thing. :D

I've kinda piddled around with it and even did a couple searches including Google and it's only showed up a couple times.
I think it is of little use but keep in mind I'm a little impaired, I find the Similar Threads at the bottom of thread pages is far more useful for posted issues.

Reactions: 1 user
This thread, for instance, just popped up for curation and I added it. So now it will ride down that list until another curator either bumps it or removes it.

I'm also considering a couple of other things:

Remove the preselection process and set it up for curation only (meaning the only threads that make it are ones that the authorized userbase selected) or remove it altogether.

As folks are looking at this thing you should also consider how such a list [might] help new members. Particularly, those where the forum environment might be new to them.

The other thought that comes to mind is that if nothing else, it would be a growing list that experienced forum members have selected to add to a "quick reference" list of sorts. Bolt thread indexes, Useful Technical Threads, resources, etc...

I've only inadvertantly hit it while I'm on my phone. If I'm on my laptop or another PC, I never pay attention to it. Probably because I only frequent a few different areas of the forums. :shrug:

keep in mind I'm a little impaired

You're not supposed to be drinking on the job - just saying OSHA frowns on that kind of thing. ;)

Whoa.... is this something new? Nobody told me. :fuss: I need to know when these new rules come out! Thanks for the heads up. I'll see what I can do. :nice:

Gotsta keep your eye on the gubment, they like to trick people into believing that they're "protecting" you when they make this stuff up.

• Agree
Update:

I opened up the ability for Official Member+ to add threads to the hotlist.

What I have not done yet is log in with a normal account to see what it looks like from you all's angle.

The controls should be in here:

1688089715160.png

Lemme know what you think.