Hot Start Issue.

No cuz the plug is gone for the obd 2
Check out the pictures I posted. They show the plug and it's approximate location. Sometimes the plug will get pushed down behind the wiring that runs in that area. On some cars, it may still be shoved up into the dust cover that is attached to the fender well in that area.

• Sponsors (?)

I was just having a similar issue. My PIP sensor inside the distributor went bad, it will do the exact same thing as the TFI (no start when hot). It will also burn up your new TFI. Since you are already balls deep into this issue, I would replace the distrib with a reman unit from the parts store... only about 100 bucks.

jrichker stated it a few times for you to pull codes and gave you pictures to where it is located in post #7, now as mentioned before pull for any codes. The car is not OBDII that is located undder the dash, but that of the prior OBDI which is located in the engine bay. There is a plug on the driverside near the hood hinge between the wheel well and firewall that you need to plug into with a OBDI plug scanner or a jumper wire. The scanner is cheap from AutoZone for like 15 bucks, it has a small light on it that will blink at you in series. The book that comes with the scanner will explain what series of readouts are for each code. It will usually blink one session and then another session to make up a actual code. Easy enough for anyone to use. But trying to diagnose something with limited info online is like throwing darts at you, and all it does is empty your wallet. So my suggestion like many other before me are telling you is to read the codes.

Here is a code scanner for your car at AutoZone:
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Actron-OBD-I-code-scanner/_/N-255s?itemIdentifier=2396

And here is a picture of one looks like:
41KVFHFKSQL__SY355_.jpg

this thread is only a half year old. that's not that old to snag on. that's my opinion. :) however, thank you for your advice. I really appreciate your checklists, they helped me a lot.

Answer is still the same. Run your check engine codes. Not all OBD1 codes cause the light to come on. Pulling the codes first gives a much educated starting point rather than random guessing