How Do You Protect Your Fox From Thieves?

FoxMustangLvr

I love my Pimp
SN Certified Technician
Oct 14, 2012
Spokane, Wa
When going out to the grocery store, restaruaunt or anywhere else, how are you guys keeping your 5.0 safe while it's unattended? Alarm? Steering wheel lock? Other? While at home my 5.0 is always in the garage.

• Sponsors (?)

Follow this tech note for the best way to wire a fuel pump kill or anti-theft switch...

On 86- 91 cars the fuel pump relay is under the driver’s seat, 92 and later cars, the fuel pump relay is under the Mass air duct on the passenger fender well.

Note that the wire colors changed in 1991, so there are two different descriptions.

86-90 model cars:
Cut the red/black wire going to the fuel pump relay. Splice a 16 or 18 gauge wire into the wire and connect it to one side of the switch. Connect the other side of the switch to the other end of the red/black wire going to the fuel pump relay. When you are done the switch should be in the middle of the spliced red/black wire that goes to and comes from the fuel pump relay. Using the control side of the circuit allows you to use light gauge wire and light duty switches. There is less than 1 amp going through the circuit, so you don’t have to worry about voltage drop across the wiring depriving the fuel pump of electrical power.
attachment.php

91-93 model cars:
Cut the Lt Blue/Orange wire going to the fuel pump relay. Splice a 16 or 18 gauge wire into the wire and connect it to one side of the switch. Connect the other side of the switch to the other end of the Lt Blue/Orange wire going to the fuel pump relay. When you are done the switch should be in the middle of the spliced Lt Blue/Orange wire that goes to and comes from the fuel pump relay. Using the control side of the circuit allows you to use light gauge wire and light duty switches. There is less than 1 amp going through the circuit, so you don’t have to worry about voltage drop across the wiring depriving the fuel pump of electrical power.

Reactions: 1 users
Follow this tech note for the best way to wire a fuel pump kill or anti-theft switch...

On 86- 91 cars the fuel pump relay is under the driver’s seat, 92 and later cars, the fuel pump relay is under the Mass air duct on the passenger fender well.

Note that the wire colors changed in 1991, so there are two different descriptions.

86-90 model cars:
Cut the red/black wire going to the fuel pump relay. Splice a 16 or 18 gauge wire into the wire and connect it to one side of the switch. Connect the other side of the switch to the other end of the red/black wire going to the fuel pump relay. When you are done the switch should be in the middle of the spliced red/black wire that goes to and comes from the fuel pump relay. Using the control side of the circuit allows you to use light gauge wire and light duty switches. There is less than 1 amp going through the circuit, so you don’t have to worry about voltage drop across the wiring depriving the fuel pump of electrical power.
attachment.php

91-93 model cars:
Cut the Lt Blue/Orange wire going to the fuel pump relay. Splice a 16 or 18 gauge wire into the wire and connect it to one side of the switch. Connect the other side of the switch to the other end of the Lt Blue/Orange wire going to the fuel pump relay. When you are done the switch should be in the middle of the spliced Lt Blue/Orange wire that goes to and comes from the fuel pump relay. Using the control side of the circuit allows you to use light gauge wire and light duty switches. There is less than 1 amp going through the circuit, so you don’t have to worry about voltage drop across the wiring depriving the fuel pump of electrical power.

That looks legit right there! Thanks

I should start by installing the new door lock actuators I've had sitting on my bench for a while so I can actually lock my car..... . This is why it sits in the garage all alone most days.
No way. I keep nothing of value in my car that's greater than the replacement of my windows so I keep the doors UNLOCKED.

I should start by installing the new door lock actuators I've had sitting on my bench for a while so I can actually lock my car..... . This is why it sits in the garage all alone most days.
If you paid more that $9 each for new door lock actuators, you have already been robbed. My fix for door lock actuators cost about $35 to do both doors.

You will need the Adobe Acrobat viewer which is also a free download – Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/attachments/door-lock-actuator-fix-pdf.88290/

My pass door doesn't lock, and I usually leave the windows down when I go anywhere, so my opinion is probably worthless here, LOL.
Sounds exactly like mine. I don't care either, both the kill switches get pulled. Not worth getting the top slashed at all, there is nothing of value in my car. However, every once in a while the ash tray is flipped open, trying to find chance. Suprise though, that's where my line lock is.

Reactions: 1 user
Sounds exactly like mine. I don't care either, both the kill switches get pulled. Not worth getting the top slashed at all, there is nothing of value in my car. However, every once in a while the ash tray is flipped open, trying to find chance. Suprise though, that's where my line lock is.

Yep. You NEVER lock a convertible. Cheaper to have them steal whatever is in the car than replacing the top.lol