How fast are stock 99 Cobras

95mysticZ said:
Hahahahaha.... :rlaugh: For some reason you call my car a turd.... 11.9 was my average time that day during the summer, and I was running street tires! (I spun most of the way) (Hey they were Cheap Dayton ZR'S) Not to mention my transmission has 151,000 miles on it without having any major work! (Hey, its a Chevrolet) WELLLL, boys. We took it back to the track tonight. This is with the Cam, and stall converter. I also adjusted my timing... (car has been running rich) It has been running a little rich since my last track run. I ran on M/T DOT drags tonight. MY BEST TIME WAS 10.412 @ 132.11. I averaged out at about 10.59, I spun a lot. And, please, dont call my car a turd, would you like to race your??

:bs: crapola . how many tracks have a monday night program? If your car is that fast you should start running the circuit and make some money. Also you mention nothing of a full cage and racing seats to be running those E.T.s

• Sponsors (?)

No matter to me if the Camaros are faster.. they're NEVER an upgrade from a Mustang.. sorry pal, but ur dumb about that one.. I'd NEVER get rid of my car for a camaro, MAYBE a trans am.. but it'd have to be one hellacious WS6 with everything on it I want.. My buddy with a '93 GT hatchback with a 302 ran just about even with an LS1 6-spd that was supposed to have 400rwhp.. it was featured in GM High Tech magazine.. and yes, I was there in the car with him. He said he has about 300rwhp. So, why are our mustangs keeping up with your GODLIKE LS1's with 100 less hp? Seems a bit fishy.. kinda like the looks of the 98-02 camaros :Zip2:

mkkrs1 said:
:bs: crapola . how many tracks have a monday night program? If your car is that fast you should start running the circuit and make some money. Also you mention nothing of a full cage and racing seats to be running those E.T.s

I didnt have enough room to list all of my mods. I have removed all of the rear seating, all of the rear decking. (not to mention the junky jack and spare tire) I have my stock front seats, but I had removed them and installed some racing seats. (they look like Recaro's) I also have removed all of the AC. I also didnt mention that I had a port job done on the heads. And, I have timeslips of my pass, and yes, we do have Monday, Thursday, and Friday nights where you can run the track and tune.

89Stang said:
This seems a bit high as most I have seen dyno around 300-310 at the wheels.

<-- Mustang and Fbody guy here.

Also as far as the LT1 running 10's with those mods. I just dont see it happening without spray.

Im sorry if you have a hard time with that, but there are many 10 second N/A LT1's without NOS. There are other mods that I have that I was unable to ist because I have only 500 characters. Check out this website... Happens all the time!

http://www.z28racer.com/z28mods.htm

http://www.z28racer.com/famousLT1.htm

95mysticZ said:
Im sorry if you have a hard time with that, but there are many 10 second N/A LT1's without NOS. There are other mods that I have that I was unable to ist because I have only 500 characters. Check out this website... Happens all the time!

http://www.z28racer.com/z28mods.htm

http://www.z28racer.com/famousLT1.htm

I am well aware of LT1 and LS1 potential but the thing is with the mods you listed it was not enough for 10's. Even with weight loss from removing said items it would not be enough. I could see a mid 11 maybe lower 11 pass. With said mods. I noticed you said your trans has 151k on it yet the page you listed says its a turbo 400. I highly doubt you have 151k on the turbo 400 trans. If your walking into an argument like this you better list all your mods otherwise :ZipIt: as it will look like your talking bs. Because with the mods you had up there was no running 10's.

So which is it turbo 400 trans with a 4000 rpm stall or 4L60 with a 2800 rpm stall????

89Stang said:
I am well aware of LT1 and LS1 potential but the thing is with the mods you listed it was not enough for 10's. Even with weight loss from removing said items it would not be enough. I could see a mid 11 maybe lower 11 pass. With said mods. I noticed you said your trans has 151k on it yet the page you listed says its a turbo 400. I highly doubt you have 151k on the turbo 400 trans. If your walking into an argument like this you better list all your mods otherwise :ZipIt: as it will look like your talking bs. Because with the mods you had up there was no running 10's.

So which is it turbo 400 trans with a 4000 rpm stall or 4L60 with a 2800 rpm stall????
That page isn't his, he's got a teal 95 and that's a red 93 on that page...he's just trying to BS his way out of this...His 2800 stall and 3.73's isn't going to get his car into the 10's...not enough at all...

I still haven't seen a scan of that time slip...post it up if you got it...

missouri_guy197 said:
That page isn't his, he's got a teal 95 and that's a red 93 on that page...he's just trying to BS his way out of this...His 2800 stall and 3.73's isn't going to get his car into the 10's...not enough at all...

I still haven't seen a scan of that time slip...post it up if you got it...
lol yeah I know but was looking to have some fun. :D

still sticking to the has to have crack to run 10's

95mysticZ said:
:nono: I would like to see the 12 second time slips on that Cobra. He must be an extremely good driver. I have not seen Cobras run anything close to that with those kind of mods. Most I've seen run about 13.2-13.8. LS1 Z28's bone stock with the right driver can run high 12'S. So you say you can beat stock LS1's? With those mods and 4.56's, that is a lot of money spent, and besides, how many stock LS1's will you see anyway?

Very few people have been able to run 12's in complete stock LS1. granted a few mods will get most poeple there. But you are one of many who overexaggerate the ability of drivers (not the car itself).

i will say for a fact that a bone stock ls1 will not run 12's, and mistic z...you need the shut the **** you your nothing but douchebag liar, who prolly doesnt know the meaning of how fast a time is, and as far as a stock ls1 dynoing (sp?) at 340 somthin hp...chevrolet underrates them a little, but i mean c'mon, try something a lil more believeable, and pertaining to which is better...to each their own, i own an lt1 camaro which i love, and my friend has a 91 gt, which is just flat out an awsome car..i just needed to throw in my 10 cents

chuckstang95, I beg to differ that LS1's dont make 342hp to the crank, I mean think about it, most LS1's dyno between 300-315 hp to the wheels stock some a little higher so to say that cant make 342hp to the crank is just dumb

Let me rephrase my statement. Im not saying all LS1's can make that much stock HP because i know they dont but honestly if you think about it the 99-01 Cobras are making around the same HP numbers as an LS1 between 300-320HP to the wheels so apparently they both have to be making around the same HP at the crank, which it is very possible for them both to make between 340-50 HP at the flywheel

The only way a 99,01 cobra is going to put down over 300rwhp is with bolt ons. A stock LS1 on the other hand actually does put down over 300rwhp stock. Plain and simple the power ratings on the 99,01 cobra is right on and the LS1 fbody ratings are underated.

My 99 vert was running consistant 13.7 bone stock, street tires. And i recall consistantly beating a new Camero SS convertible. 2000-2001 model at the time. I dunno if he just didnt know his car or what. Buddy of mine just picked up a 2002 WS-6, he dynoed 330 rwhp. I believe it was all stock with about 20k miles on it. Pretty impressive for stock numbers. I keep trying to talk him into drag racing. I think my car intimidates him now :) I thought this was a thread about 99 cobras, when did it turn into a GM thread?