how good is the BBK SSI

soldierboy

Sep 13, 2007
Kansas City
i'm getting ready to buy a new intake manifold for my 92 5.0 and i was thinking of going with the BBK SSI manifold but i haven't heard anything about it any intel on it would be great other wise i'm going to go with a Trick Flow intake manifold.

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

There was the same topic about two weeks ago.

there crap. here is what i have physically seen wrong with them. the casting between the upper and lower intake is off. they cause small vacum leaks and rough idles. the fuel line run's between the upper and lower and because of its placement rubs the sharp edges of the intake and causes it to bust. and the injector castings in the lower are a little off camber and cause injector O-rings to fail and leaks gas.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=719588&highlight=bbk+intake

Its All In The Install

I have a SSI 5002, with the 70 mm throttle body. Yeah at first was a pain in the ass to get the lower and upper intake to line up without pinching the wiring harness in the back. I had to install it twice. There was not much room to work with. Once everything came together I was very impressed with the power change. I guess its all in how you tune your ride. The best power boost is at higher RPM's. Good difference in take off and awsome power at 4g's plus. There are alot of people that think its crap. Hell most want one and can't afford one. :nice: