how many miles are on your 99-04?

fiveoho

15 Year Member
Apr 28, 2005
TN
just picked up a 99 GT . this is my 1st mod motor, so im all new to this. the car has a little under 78,000 miles and is bone stock. also a 5 speed. just sort of curious if the PI 4.6 is as reliable as the 5.0. how many miles are on your car? any major issues or problems?

i tried using the search function on this one but didnt have any luck. if i overlooked it, sorry in advance

• Sponsors (?)

51,500 on my 04 GT. I don't drive it much any more, but my 99 Explorer has 224,300 on it. I know it's not a mod motor, it's not even the SOHC 4.0. It's the crappy OHV 4.0, but who says American cars don't last!

03 gt - 64,xxx I drive it about every other day and for about a year I drove it 5 hours interstate driving every week. Never had the first problem out of it....except of course when I go and mod something :)

04 GT 73000 thats rounding up im really 72 and some change. every day i get in her the pedal sees the floor at least once. I run her hard have run lots and lots of nitrous through it. have put many passes at the track on her and i change the oil every 3k with some good oil and a filter and she runs like a champ

several of you guys have about the same or even more miles than mine and claim few to no problems...makes me feel better :)

since mine is a 99, dont i have some sort of individual coil pack per cylinder? are those expensive to replace? just thinking of a future tune-up. runs great now but does seem to have a slight ( and i mean slight ) miss at idle, no hesitation at all under a load.

carry on