Fox How Much Boost And Power For A Coyote Swap

bnjf

Dec 5, 2011
I don't have the funds for an Aluminator so I may go with a stock coyote crate motor. I would like to get as much power as possible so shat is the most boost on these and what numbers can I expect? While I'm at is what do you guys think it would do in the quarter? 90 notchback.

• Sponsors (?)

You do realize that a coyote swap w/forced induction is going to cost somewhere in the 15,000$ range? Once you add up all the incidentals?...trans,fuel system,k member,etc...:more like 20+K

Reactions: 1 user
Yes. I have 10k in cash but didnt want to over due it on just the motor. I get cash jobs pretty often as I'm a contractor so I don't need to buy everything at once. Thanks for your concern but I'd appreciate an answer to my question.

Well I've seen a turbo'd 86 with a coyote swap running low 9's on a small tire. They are fairly bullet proof. As long as it's tuned right I would expect 7-800 rwhp with just moderate boost.

Stock coyote motors (headers, exhaust, cold air kits) are taking 3100lb race prepped cars into the 10.50's in the coyote stock class. I've seen multiple street/strip coyote cars on various internet sites that are running low 11's and some even breaking into the 10's. This is all without power adders. Two years ago, I met a guy at the strip who was running an 8lb vortech on an otherwise stock automatic 2011 GT. He was running high 7's in the 1/8th, and I think that was on street tires (can't remember for sure).

My brother-n-law bought a used Coyote to go in his 91 a few months back. It is an expensive swap. He gave $2500 for the motor (truck motor but still a steal!), but he still needs $800 headers, $300 k-member, $1500 control pack, Flywheel, bell housing, intake tubes, fuel system, etc...

I think in the end it will all be worth it, but it is expensive. You may be happy with it n/a, but if not, I think these cars will handle 8-12lbs on pump gas, maybe more, I'm no expert, but that seems to be what most street guys are running. At that level, I wouldn't be surprised to see well north of 600rwhp.

Joe

Go subscribe to Sloppy Mechanics. There is a guy on there who has purchased two truck Coyotes with transmission for $1500. I'm not sure how much boost they can take because the stock compression is pretty high. I would think with $10k you could get one out of a truck, tear down the engine for a fresh rebuild with lower compression pistons, rebuild the auto transmission, put a megasquirt on it, and have it ready for a lot of boost.

Kurt