How Much Can The Stock Ecu Handle In The 95 Gt's?

the highest number I see on those charts is 42# for the high impedence injectors.

that said I recently bought a set of 50lbers from ford that are high impedence. at some point the resistance must change [low impedence] to get a proper flow rate. but you are correct as of today there are many options available.
Old chart.

Here is the current.
b113803b05a505d707728e9192b34056.jpg

This isn't exactly black magic. I'm not selling lies here.

• Sponsors (?)

Old chart.

Here is the current.
b113803b05a505d707728e9192b34056.jpg

This isn't exactly black magic. I'm not selling lies here.

Here is an article written in 2012 on the subject by the guys at hotrod. It describes the difference between low and high flow injectors with regard to impedance. They may possibly know what they are talking about. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't exactly say 2012 is ancient history. As far as I knew, this is/was accurate.

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/hrdp-1211-low-impedance-vs-high-impedance-fuel-injectors/

Btw, nobody said you were selling lies, only going off of the latest known tech. It's been stated by me once in this thread that you obviously know your stuff. Just because someone isn't up on the very latest thing is no reason to gloat or get testy.

Hmmm... pretty sure the OP does not care about the pissing match going on right now.

For the record there are better ways to get your point across, a simple informative yet non douchy post would have worked.:nice:

Reactions: 1 user
Guys! This is my first post and already in fighting? I am really confused now! I originally was thinking overall the" tunning" would reduce cost overall by reducing the MAF and give me opportunity to grow. But part of me now is thinking buy the bigger injectors, MAF, fuel pump, regulator and chip. Understanding it takes some learning and know how ( which it appears this forum is perfect for)

You aren't fighting, this forum is tame. People actually don't fight on here too often. Sometimes questions do get over answered. That's all.

Kurt

sorry to re-hash an old thread but I was looking for info on me tuning a 427 mild setup with the stock ecm vs going to a holley terminator X...........

from what I gather it will be fine tuning the stock ecm for this many cubes..

sorry to re-hash an old thread but I was looking for info on me tuning a 427 mild setup with the stock ecm vs going to a holley terminator X...........

from what I gather it will be fine tuning the stock ecm for this many cubes..
Cubic inches isnt the problem. Its the injector and MAF choice.

Yes, you can easily tune a 427 on the stock ECU, however its still 30 year old tech. It's now 2022... If you're not putting a Microsquirt in the car AT A MINIMUM, you're wasting your money.

Cubic inches isnt the problem. Its the injector and MAF choice.

Yes, you can easily tune a 427 on the stock ECU, however its still 30 year old tech. It's now 2022... If you're not putting a Microsquirt in the car AT A MINIMUM, you're wasting your money.
Well from my research the past few days it seems and especially Ted Jenkins up in Greer South Carolina and I've heard nothing I mean this dude literally has five stars. I've never heard anyone complain about how he Tunes so I know if anyone can do it with the stock ecu he can. Now as to this megasquirt what's the cost of it?

The ECUExchange can make that 30 year old ecu like new, they can be found on Ebay, I've used them many times.
as for the aftermarket systems there is a learning curve and some require some wiring ability but most have the advantage of adding additional controls like cooling fans and traction control, there is a tuning thread around here someplace you can look at, it's down the hall on the right, there is a secret knock to get let in, they won't tell me what it is :doh:

The ECUExchange can make that 30 year old ecu like new, they can be found on Ebay, I've used them many times.
as for the aftermarket systems there is a learning curve and some require some wiring ability but most have the advantage of adding additional controls like cooling fans and traction control, there is a tuning thread around here someplace you can look at, it's down the hall on the right, there is a secret knock to get let in, they won't tell me what it is :doh:
The seller’s name for the ECU exchange is bmwsalepro
BF116E69-2041-45C7-AEF9-535AADC21666.png

Reactions: 1 user
The seller’s name for the ECU exchange is bmwsalepro
BF116E69-2041-45C7-AEF9-535AADC21666.png
gotcha but tbh I'm not interested in learning to tune myself. I do a lot of things and consider myself a jack of all trades including electrical, plumbing, mechanics, ect. Now if I watch someone and think it's something I want to do then I might get interested like that lol but I'd just pay someone to knock it out. I'd be all for watching and learning and at least getting the gist of things. Where I live the closest tuner I know is well one is about 2 hrs ish and the other is 3.5 hrs. The one that's 2 hours away, Chris Tuten he has tuned my car before but talking to a friend the other day he says he's not sure he will mess with a 408 427 or so with the stock ecu or if he's even still tuning. Actually just called and he still does and will tune even those engines. Appriciate the info you guys shared wth me and maybe I'll go one of those routes. I will read up on and watch some vids to familiarize myself with it more. Right now I'm deciding on the engine and if I want to go with the below crate from Jegs and mainly because of availability of getting one built from Ford strokers or Prestige, ZSR.

Well from my research the past few days it seems and especially Ted Jenkins up in Greer South Carolina and I've heard nothing I mean this dude literally has five stars. I've never heard anyone complain about how he Tunes so I know if anyone can do it with the stock ecu he can. Now as to this megasquirt what's the cost of it?

Just get one of these and call it a day.