How much weight does the A/C Delete save?

• Sponsors (?)

25-30 lbs tops. If you remove all the components including the evap and vaccuum lines. Not worth doing if you ever think of selling the car or enjoy some of the warmer/humid climates.

If you are doing a hardcore drag car then maybe I would recommend it, but in that case there is alot of ways to lighten up.

Matt

Hmm....well I don't use it for a DD. But, it does get mighty hot in the summers here in Ohio. I wonder what that weight savings would baiscally do for the 1/4 mile time. My guess is nothing...but I've been wrong numerous times before....

yeah, there's definite gains, you just gotta decide whether you want AC or not. it's a lot more than 25-30. The compressor weighs 25 on it's own. I'v been thinking about getting rid of mine. I'm getting so sick of fixing twice a summer and recharging it again.

what do you guys do on very humid rainy days when your windows fog up? My a/c condensor went bad and i was thinking about pulling it if i can figure out a way to not have my windows fog up when it rains/humid days.

95cobradude said:
i got rid of mine for a few reasons
a-to offset some of the weight that i gained from the vortech
b-to clear some of the massive clutter in these engine bays
c-removed condenser so my fluidyne radiator is wide open for incoming air,

Are you willing to part with some of the A/C?

I don't know what's it called, but one of my tubes on top next to the dip stick is leaking. I could use one that dosen't leak if you or anyone is willing to sell?

:shrug:

The top losses I've heard for weight are about 58 lbs with EVERYTHING removed. Weight/E.T. golden rule is a tenth of a second for every 100 lbs lost, but just a general rule of thumb.

Plus, other advantages are lower engine temps, less weight on the front of the vehicle, and an uncluttered engine bay that truly needs it. Air conditioning is as easy as opening some windows and driving faster...

Yank it out and beat it with a hammer...