how to adjust shift knobs?

Mar 31, 2005
i was wondering if anyone had ideas as to how to adjust a shift knob.. the knob itself threads on my tri-ax handle fine and sits securely, however, in order for it to be tight... it is about 180º off from where it should be... its upside down!, i was thinking maybe a washer sitting on top of the tri-ax handle might stop the handle from going further down the threads and would keep the knob turned in a different direction, but this just seems like a guessing game and i was wondering if there are known better ways? thanks, Kyle

• Sponsors (?)

Is there a set-screw at 12 o'clock on the knob?

A washer or tiny piece of rubber line jammed up into the top of the knob-boss might work. Tighten the knob till it's where you want. The rubber will compress and hopefully hold the position.

ya, im guessing that ill have to use a washer stopper and teflon tape to get the job done... the extra muscle wont get the job done... its 180º off of where it should be and the rubber is fully compressed. no rush now that the car is off the road for the winter though. thanks for the replies